Zucchini Ribbons & Mushrooms

Options
If you have a garden like I do and have an over abundance of zucchini this time of year, or if you just love zucchini, here is one for you. The best part is really no exact measuring, make as much or little as you want.

Wash the zucchini and cut off the ends
Using a vegetable peeler, peel the length of the zucchini making ribbons which resemble pasta.
Stop peeling when you reach the seeds in the middle.
Now you have a mount of zucchini ribbons

We love mushrooms and they go well in this but if you don't like them, by all means leave them out. You may use onion slices and/or garlic or maybe even some carrot ribbons for some nice color.

In a frying pan, saute a tablespoon of olive oil, onion, garlic, fresh basil, etc. if you wish and the mushrooms and cook down a bit.
When all those are soft, add the zucchini ribbons and continuously toss until all are coated with the olive oil.
Continue cooking about a minute or two or until done.

This makes a great side dish, pile some shrimp or scallops on top and it makes a whole meal!! I can think of a million things I am going to do with this and you probably can too!

Enjoy!!

Replies

• marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I'm so jealous that you have an abundance of zucchini!! It's my favorite, and I often combine mushrooms (with everything) and zucchini! :) Great idea!
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I'm always up for trying something new, especially when it's low Carb. Yum. I'm a huge fan of both zucchini and mushrooms.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Salivating......drool!!!!!!!