Cholesterol CAN be exciting!!

Options
I know this is just tooting my own horn, but I'm really excited! We've been eating Primally for a year now. I've been really curious about what my cholesterol levels are since making the switch. We know the benefits of eating this way and have reaped many of them, but there is always that little twinge that tells you that you hope you are doing the right thing since everything is so backwards from what we've always been taught. My employer hosted a wellness screening this past month and today we received our results. My cholesterol has always been good, but both mine and my husband's were excellent! At one point, the physician going over the results with the group said that Triglyceride levels should be below 150 and they would like to see them around 50, but about the only way to achieve 50 or below is to be eating a very healthy diet or to be on cholesterol medication. My husband's level was 58 and mine was 40! We know it works, but it was so great seeing it at this level and having that small amount of doubt completely squashed. :happy:

Replies

• MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Love it.
    I'm sure the rest of your numbers were great. Inflammation markers were probably also quite good. and your ratios had to be good. Dr's don't know what to do with us "rule breakers".