Caloric intake question

Ok, you'd think by Stge 2 I would have figured this out but I'm curious...and wondering if I'm doing it all wrong.

I try to keep my calories around 1600 on non-lifting days and 2000 on lifting days. Today I have taken in just about 2000 but add in my exercise calories of 400 which means I'm only netting 1600.

So do I eat 400 more to get "back" to 2000? Just slightly confused ;)

Thanks & happy lifting!!

Replies

• chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 574 Member
    No, you don't add the 400. You're already eating the exercise calories in that number.
  • So netting 1600 on lifting days is correct? It's not truly a surplus though...or am I just confusing myself?
  • melissaw1232
    melissaw1232 Posts: 184 Member
    I believe that at 2000 calories your already eating back your excersice cals.
    Are you going by Alwyns calculations?
  • Daisy, thanks for reminding me...I forgot all abou that spreasheet. That is where I got my original numbers from I guess I am having a moment...eeek. I think the weights are sucking my brain away.

Thanks again ladies.
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Daisy, thanks for reminding me...I forgot all abou that spreasheet. That is where I got my original numbers from I guess I am having a moment...eeek. I think the weights are sucking my brain away.

Thanks again ladies.

You're welcome. That is the calculation I go by. I have my diary set to 1850 and then on lofting days I add 300 on top of that!