Week 1, Tuesday 9/18-Monday 9/24

Options
Let's focus on one healthy habit at a time. Just for one week.

Week 1: Drink more water. Let's commit to drinking 6-8 eight-ounce cups of water each day this week.

Feel free to tell something about yourself or just say hi. I'm new at this "creating challenges" thing, so feel free to give ideas for habits to change or if you have anything to add

Replies

• Kath888
    Options
    Hi this seems like a perfect challenge to take on one thing at a time every week is very doable.
  • ladybrandy
    ladybrandy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks for joining! I'm Brandy from Atlanta, GA. Im a physical therapist. Married. No kids. No pets. I found out about MFP through some friends on Weight Watchers and now I really like it!
  • REDR61
    REDR61 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks Brandy for starting this. I can't believe how much effort it took to get my water in today! Wouldn't have made it without this week's challenge LOL!
    I'm Retha, from WNC, married nearly 38 years, no pets, 2 DDs and 3 DGDs. I'm retired from the US Air Force and the

post office. I love living history events and do late 1700s and 1812 reenactments. I need to lose 60+ lbs so am in this forever. I heard of MFP from some ex-WW friends and it's working really well for me

Kath, glad you're here!
  • apprfirio
    Options
    Hi dear friend Brandy. I am Annette. I live in Houston. I'm a retired high school Math teacher. I love to crochet and be with my 6 grandchildren. I need to lose 60 pounds also. Since getting an I phone I have found MFP. Let's do this. Water it is.
  • ladybrandy
    Options
    Glad to have you Ladies here! Let us know how well you're doing with the challenge or if any difficulties arise. I met the goal for yesterday!
  • melbell7912
    Options
    I'd love to have a weekly challenge! I don't think I ever have issues getting water in. I'll count to be sure tho.

I'm Melanie from NC. I am a wife of 14 yrs and mom to 3 beautiful girls (I'm biased just a little;) ). I work as a CNA for a wonderful retirement community and mostly care for residents getting rehab. It makes you thankful for the little things.
  • REDR61
    Options
    Hi challengers, got my water in by noon so no problem today with that. Can't say the same about fruits and veggies, though :).
  • REDR61
    Options
    Melanie and Annette, glad you're in! I'd love to crochet and even made a scarf once but need to improve my knitting skills firstto avoid confusion. Like you I love my granddaughters.
  • ladybrandy
    Options
    Thanks for joining, Melanie!

Got my water in today!
  • BethKMMA
    BethKMMA Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for doing this, Brandy. I am Beth from MA, primary care physician. After losing more than 70 lbs, I have regained about 25 due to work stress, and now am struggling to get back in the "zone." Hopefully this "one week at a time" approach will help.

I count all fluids towards my "6-8 glasses of water a day" requirement. So far this week, I have had at least 6, but only once had 8, 8-oz glasses.
  • cjordan100
    Options
    Better late than never....I'm here with this group to improve my motivation for weight loss. I'm the best YOYO dieter around.
    I hope I can stick with it this time and really keep it off once it is gone. I have a really hard time with going out to eat lunch during the week then the eating out on the weekends. So I know I have to make some changes all the way around for this to work. Cindy
  • melbell7912
    Options
    I've definitely gotten in my waters! If I wasn't sipping on water or caring for my residents I was in the bathroom!!!
  • ladybrandy
    Options
    Melanie, that's how I feel too! Drinking water all day and going to the bathroom frequently!

Beth and Cindy, thanks for joining!

We can't change everything at once (and stick with it!), but we can focus on one thing at a time and hopefully this challenge will help with that. Hopefully this group will provide support for all of us, self included!
  • REDR61
    Options
    Got mine in but too much to at dinner. Hoping I'm not traveling to the bathroom all night :)
  • REDR61
    Options
    Cindy and Beth, glad you're in with us!
  • recee96
    recee96 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm Reese...34, live in San Antonio. Not married yet (but in a committed relationship). I look forward to the weekly challenges.
  • REDR61
    Options
    Hi Reese, nice having you join us! My DH and I are retired from the US Air Force and were stationed at San Antonio 1974-78 and really enjoyed living there.
  • ladybrandy
    Options
    Welcome Reese! Glad to have u!
  • REDR61
    Options
    Got in 10 today; unfortunately went wild eating peanuts tonight which put me over goal:) Not too bad thankfully. Have a good weekend all.
  • Kath888
    Options
    So far so good this week with drinking water. I keep a water bottle filled at all times and when it gets empty I just refill it.
This discussion has been closed.