Am I Eating Enough?

Options
I am currently doing a CUT (TDEE -20%). I have set my activity to light but I am not sure whether that is correct because I am always really hungry in the mornings.

I workout at 5.30am every week day for 30 minutes doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred with 4kg weights. I have a 20 minute walk to work after that (two 10 minute walks with a bus journey in between). So I don't eat my breakfast, which is 3 scrambled eggs and green tea, until 8.30am. I then have 25g of nuts at 10.30am and drink 75cl water in the morning. I will then usually have chicken or tuna salad for lunch with green tea and a snack of olives of celery and organic peanut butter around 3pm. I then do the journey back home again so 20 minute walk (two 10 minutes walks with bus journey in between). For my dinner at 7pm I usual have meat or fish and veg. I do eat all of my calorie intake so weighing 142 lbs, female, 66 inches, 24 years old is 1600 calories daily (this is my CUT value).

I do the above 5 days a week and eat the same calories at weekend but not the same food and usually don't do much exercise apart from light walking.

Any advice you can give me would be great.

Thanks

Kels

Replies

• chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    According to Scooby, your right on for your cut for lightly active, but you may be moderately active, and your cut is probably too high. At 142, you shouldn't have much to lose, so you should go with a lower cut. At a 10% cut, lightly active is 1810. I would try that for a month or so if I were you.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Are you losing weight doing all that at the calorie amount? If yes, you could probably add 100 more calories and see if you slow your weight loss..
    IF you are not losing, adjust your activity to moderate and see if that helps.. your hungry in the mornings because your doing a good workout and a walk on an empty stomach over a 3 hour time period.. I know for saturday mornings I do Insanity without eating anything, and then will do the shower and all that before eating.. usually by the time I am ready to eat I am pretty hungry.
  • kels136
    Options
    Thanks ladies. Im going to start wearing my HRM again so I make sure I don’t net under my BMR and also try and eat something around 7am before I leave for work x
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I agree-try to keep your cut closer to 10%. The closer to goal the smaller the cut should be.