Hi - I am brand new to Chantix

Options
autumnk921
autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
Hey all!!! My name is Autumn and I am now on my 2nd day of Chantix - I have had it for over a week though but was a little leary of starting it. I also think that was sort of an excuse on my part as well!!! Yesterday I FINALLY just took the first one before I could talk myself out of it. So here I am & I was actually doing a search under smoking for a friend on here who just quit and happened to see the Chantix group - I am so HAPPY to have found this group!!! :bigsmile:

I have been a little worried about some of the side effects I have read and been told about - Anyone on here experience any side effects?

Replies

• zanth07
    zanth07 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Autumn! I quit over 5 years ago using Chantix ... you should go to www.quitnet.com and join the CHANTIX USERS CLUB on there, that's where we all "met".

I had mostly good side affects ... wow do I miss the wonderful dreams.

Sandy
  • bytrout
    bytrout Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Yes. Limited side effects for me. Miss the dreams! TMI?
  • kats3boys
    Options
    Best side effect for me is over 5 years quit and still quit,
    Lack of sleep can be a side effect for some but as long as you take your second pill earlier during the day it should not be an issue.
    ( The official Chantix word is a minimum 6 hours apart)

I took mine at 7 am and 2 pm..and sleep was never an issue unless I forgot and took the second pill later.

Chantix also is a great quit aid, but it is still just an aid which means you gotta do the work.. and deciding and setting a quit date is the hardest part, so congrats on deciding to quit.

I do agree that you should check out the Quitnet website. It helped all of us.