I have another question....

Options
So there seems to be a ton of calculators to find ones BMR and TDEE. Which one seems to be the most accurate? I used scooby's but it seems to give the highest number out of the other ones I have seen. I want to make sure I am eating what I should be eating and not too much and definitely not too little.

Replies

• Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I believe most of us have used the scooby site for our TDEE estimates.
    But like everything out there, these are just estimates, so you have to play around with the numbers a bit as you go..
  • LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I used Scooby and have had success with it. But, as the poster above said, you have to figure out what's best for your body.
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I usually look at 3 and take an average.
    - Scooby
    - fat2fitradio.com
    -fitnessfrog.org

Fitness frog has also a calculator that lets you estimate calories based on your activity throughout the day. For me the end result is pretty close to the TDEE calculated by this site.
  • Nerdybreisawesome
    Nerdybreisawesome Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I believe most of us have used the scooby site for our TDEE estimates.
    But like everything out there, these are just estimates, so you have to play around with the numbers a bit as you go..

Yeah I figured that would be the case but was just curious what one seems to work the best for most of the people here. :)
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Scooby for me too.
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    All the sites pretty much use the same formula so they will be close. Try one that includes BF%
  • wfte
    wfte Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Scoobys " Worlds most accurate" calculator gives option of Katch-McArdle formula which includes bf%. May be more accurate if bf% is anything upwards of maybe 25% or so. Harris-Benedict was formulated using lean males, so test subjects with around 15% bf.