I finally finished stage 1!

chicbuc
chicbuc Posts: 574 Member
I actually started the first time at the end of June. I made it a little over half way and suffered a shoulder injury that I rested for 3 full weeks before I started over August 15. My start weights are from the second start, although I wish I would have kept my first start weights because I think that is why I wasn't upping weights as much as I would have liked the second go round since I started with higher weights this time.

Workout A: (in pounds)
Squats: Barbell 52 to 67. I finally started making a little progress on these toward the end.
Push up: Bench height to still bench height with better form. I suck at these.
Bent over barbell row: 52 to 72
Step up: Using a chair, barbell 10 to 40
Prone jacknives: good form throughout, although I strained an ab muscle on the second workout and had to rest abs for 2 weeks...lol.

Workout B: (in pounds)
Deadlift: 62 to 112. The 112 was an accident this morning. I miscalculated the plates, but I lifted it like a beast!
DB shoulder press: 13 to 20
Lat pull down alternative: 15 to 25. These suckers are hard to progress at.
Lunge: Barbell 10 to 35. I hate these so super bad.
Swiss ball crunch: Body weight to 15 lb. plate behind head.

I'll post measurements Monday or so after my 4 day break from lifting. I did lose 4 pounds after I upped my calories to 2000 per day and everything looks more firm. Now if I could just get my *kitten* to quit sliding down my legs, I'd be happy ;)

This is my first time lifing heavy weights, I LOVE it!!!

Replies

• Great to hear about your success! I just started and am only 4 workouts in. I told my husband yesterday that I felt like my butt was getting perky and he looked at me like I had 3 heads. Yours is sliding down and I feel like I sat in miracle grow and its getting bigger. You lift super heavy, especially the deadlifts. I feel like I always have bad form when I do those. I started with the olympic bar and increased it to 55lbs but I think I might drop the weight again because of my form. Can't wait to see your stats on Monday. I like to see results on people, so I have something to look forward to for myself.
  • agbaeb
    agbaeb Posts: 179 Member
    Whoohoo! I am so excited for you! I can't wait to hear about your measurements!
  • chicbuc
    Curlygirl, my but is way perkier! It was just sinking down my thighs before I started. Keep in mind, I'm 40 years old and have birth to 6 babies and have been overweight for a long time. It's going to take awhile for these muscles to really develop.
  • Curlygirl, my but is way perkier! It was just sinking down my thighs before I started. Keep in mind, I'm 40 years old and have birth to 6 babies and have been overweight for a long time. It's going to take awhile for these muscles to really develop.

That's awesome, great work! Sorry I mis-read your post! How do you find time with 6 kids? I have 2 and it's hectic.
  • chicbuc
    They're all mostly grown, now. The youngest is 10. The hardest thing I deal with is getting my workout done before I wake him up for school.
  • Yay for perky butts! I told my husband I'm going for a donkey booty with this workout (Yes, I watch too much Real Housewives) and he obviously had no idea what I was talking about. I had to explain, "It's like having a shelf where the top of your butt starts" To the squat rack I go! :)
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    You are my idol! I am a little ove halfway through stage 1. I also still kind of freaked out by the deadlifts. Can't wait to see your measurements!

Wow, 2000 calories and still losing weight?! That's awesome! Congratulations for sticking with it!
  • chicbuc
    I didn't lose as many inches as I thought, but oh well. Here it is.

I started stage 1 the first time on June 25, so I'm using the starting measurements from then.

Bust: 36 1/2 to 34 1/2
    Under bust: 34 to 32 1/2
    Waist: 31 to 28 1/4
    Hips: 37 to 36 1/4
    Thighs: R 24 to 23
    L 24 1/2 to 23
    I only lost about .4 % body fat from 26.07% to 25.67% . I know the calculators aren't super accurate, but I use the same one, so at least it's a trend.