Keto pee (maybe TMI?)

Options
So I woke up this morning, day 19 of keto for me, and I do my usual routine: pee, then scale.

Today for the first time ever, my pee really smelled. Kind of like asparagus (don't really know, never liked the stuff so I didn't eat it) or more like the smell of eggplant burning (never liked eggplant either, lol). It had its usual oily sheen to it, which I noticed from the first day of ketosis, but it never had the smell. UNTIL NOW.

Also, as somebody who already suffers from hyperhidrosis, my jaw hit the floor when I read that excessive sweating is also normal on ketosis, and sometimes there's more body odor. I have a very strong sense of smell (my husband says I could pass as a drug sniffing dog, and he trains german shepherds part time) and I can't smell any weird BO. I don't have keto breath, but I have keto pee.

Is all of this normal?

Replies

• bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    It could be. I notice that smell occasionally, but I think mine is more ammonia-y. I notice definitely when I eat a lot of steak or pot roast one night, the next morning there is a very characteristic odor to it.
  • leftoverbun
    leftoverbun Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Yes that is normal. After a while you get used to it.