Calories......

Options
kooltray87
kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
My initial MFP goal was 1200 cals/day. Now I've gone up to 1400-1600, but now I've plateaued :-( Whats your caloric intake since starting Insanity?

Replies

• Banzaix
    Options
    I started at around 1200-1300 Calories, I found out for me personally that this was not enough, i was dropping weight but my energy was getting depleted fast, I changed my calorie intake and got more power foods in my diet, So now in the second month im around 1500-1700 but sometimes drop below depending on the day. After i made the change i really didnt loose any LBS that week but could tell i was getting leaner. The next week was a different story, i dropped 3 LBS in half a week, I do drink alot of water so its not all water weight. I really tried to just listen to my body in workouts and see how my energy was day to day during a workout. A heart rate monitor really helped me keep and eye on it. hope this helps, How far into the program are u?

Keep it up!!
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    This is my second FULL week of Insanity. Technically I started 4 weeks ago, but was off an on the first 2 weeks so I started over on the third week. Plus, I know its rule number one of Insanity but I still don't have a heart rate monitor. I've been using the calisthenics setting of MFP to track my cals burned, which I'm sure its a gross under estimation. I feel my body getting leaner, but I'll try elevated calories for a while and see how my body responds. Hopefully the scale wont shoot up....