How did YOU personally know your reset was over?

Just curious! I'm nearing 13 weeks . . .

Replies

• nothingwithoutHim
    nothingwithoutHim Posts: 140 Member
    bump. :smile: This thread is important! I've only been on the reset for about 5, don't know how you EVER did 13. :huh: Congrats to you, brave soul! :drinker:
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Kiki posted about this the other day on the EM2WL site, but I think its different for everyone. If you feel like you are rushing it, or are in a big hurry to start cutting and start feeling less stuffed, you probably are. I think some signs to look for are:

a healthier mental attitude towards food and weight
    scale stabilization (a sign you have found your true maintenance)
    signs of hunger returning
    more energy
    no more feelings of being overly stuffed, bloated,etc. (your body has adjusted to getting more food)

Let me just say, cutting after a metab reset is not the most pleasurable experience in the world. Just sayin. :O
  • 202685tracy
    202685tracy Posts: 42 Member
    I was on weight watchers for close to 2 years and so was eating a very low calorie diet.

When I met Kiki, everyhting she preatched made sense to me and so I started my reset. Unfortunately I didn't understand that it was different for everyone, and just said I am going to do 8 weeks, which I did and then quickly started cutting. I couldn't figure out though why the weight wasn't coming off. Finally a light bulb went off and I realized that 8 weeks was not long enough for me. So, I started another reset back in July.

I started at 2000 cals and every two weeks upped my cals by 100. I have now been at 2200-2250 for about two weeks (total reset not counting the first 8 weeks is about 10 weeks. I am just now starting to feel like I have reversed the WW dammage. How do I know? Well, I was continuing to lose weight when I started at the 2000 and into the 2100's. My weight seemed to level a bit once I got to 2200, but now all of a sudden the scale is moving again. I think I am going to increase 1 more time next week to see what happens. Also, I feel I am getting stronger with my workouts because I am finally eating enough and some of my pants are starting to loosen up again. I did gain a good 10 pounds during this process. I hope this helps. I am willing to answer any questions you might have.

Oh yeah, I also used this online tracking system that actually trends your weight loss from day to day, and so as long as the line is trending down, i know that I have not hit TDEE yet. The link is https://www.fourmilab.ch/cgi-bin/HackDiet.
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    If TDEE is supposed to be maintenance, then I understand a few pounds retention, but 10#s?! If your main goal is maintenance, then would the 10 pounds come off without a cut? or does it stick around?
  • bellabrite
    bellabrite Posts: 89 Member
    Thanks for your replies!

LOL, looks like I might have to buy a scale after all! So far I've been using my pants.
    I've got a pretty good estimate now of my real TDEE since I've been wearing my fitbit for almost two months. Good thing, because my burn is lower than the scooby calculator.

I have kept track of the total calories burned and total calories eaten over these two months. So far I have eaten about 5000 cals over what I should have eaten (over 50 days) so I think that accounts for a couple pounds, and some was probably from the shock of going from 1200 cals to 1800 to 2100. I've gone up about one pant size. I have also gained muscle from lifting.

I think I'm ready to cut mentally. I actually find it pretty easy to get to TDEE, and often go over. I am hungry every two or three hours. My TDEE no longer looks like a huge number to me. I am almost dreading cutting because I fear I will be hungry!

BUT--physically it is kind of confusing. I deal with IBS, so I am bloated more often than not and it is difficult for me to tell if my body is just doing its annoying IBS thing where it doesn't know how to deal with half the foods on the planet, or if it is actually the VOLUME of food that is affecting me.

I have been introducing new things such as whey and soy protein, and with each new food my body may go crazy -- and I then have to decide if I want to avoid that food forever or just keep eating it to see if my body can possibly get used to it. I seriously look pregnant half the time and it's so sad because I can tell I've actually developed some decent abs.
  • 202685tracy
    202685tracy Posts: 42 Member
    If TDEE is supposed to be maintenance, then I understand a few pounds retention, but 10#s?! If your main goal is maintenance, then would the 10 pounds come off without a cut? or does it stick around?

Yes, but what you have to remember is that I was at VLCD for 2 years, so when I started eating at maintenance, my body was storing everything possible. I have lost 2 of the 10, but I have also added muscle. I am not worried about that weight, I have faith that after I bulk this fall, I will start to lose with the cut in the spring.
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member

Yes, but what you have to remember is that I was at VLCD for 2 years, so when I started eating at maintenance, my body was storing everything possible. I have lost 2 of the 10, but I have also added muscle. I am not worried about that weight, I have faith that after I bulk this fall, I will start to lose with the cut in the spring.

I am speaking that in my case yes I did the VLCD. I am AT my goal weight and don't want to change. I also have muscle and really don't want any more. Would I have to go to cut to lose weight from a reset? If it were truly maintenance, I shouldn't gain anything
  • nothingwithoutHim
    nothingwithoutHim Posts: 140 Member
    Let me just say, cutting after a metab reset is not the most pleasurable experience in the world. Just sayin. :O

:laugh: ROFL, I think I can imagine...