Help Me With My Numbers?

Pea4jjab
Pea4jjab Posts: 216 Member
I am STILL at a standstill with my weight. I've been stuck here since Easter. I did a full reset. Went on vacation where I took a break and just tried to eat as healthy as possible without depriving myself (and walked a TON...went to Disney World with 7 of our 9 children). Got back from vacation and lost .5 lb. the week after. Only saw that number the one day. I try to stay between 1700 and 1800 even on workout days. I do either circuit training with 5 lb. weights or general aerobics with or w/out the weights...3-4 days a week for 20-45 minutes (average is 30 minutes).

The scale this morning said 182 (I was 176.5 when I lost my last 1/2 lb). I don't understand what's going on with me. The only change I've made recently is adding chia seed to my daily intake (2 T- I make a gel out of it and drink it throughout the day). I do have IBS issues and found that it was just too much paired with my regular daily Metamucil, so I stopped taking it 2 days ago thinking that was what caused the scale to jump up. HELP!!!!!

I am 5'3".

Replies

• I double checked your numbers. Based on workout length I used lightly active. However, if these workouts are high intensity it's possible that you'd fall in moderately active instead of lightly active. Another thought that I had is you said you eat the same amount on workout days. Are you netting at least your BMR on workout days? It's possible you might need to eat more on days you work out. Do either of those sound like they could apply to your situation?
  • Pea4jjab
    The workouts I do are mostly circuit training/boot camp type, so they vary, but pretty much go from a circuit of cardio to a circuit with weights. I wish I had an HRM, but I don't. On the day that I do a 45 minute circuit training workout, I do go below my BMR, but I do eat up to my BMR on those days. Just not on the others.
  • Pea4jjab
    I do find myself hungry still on most days too. However, I wonder if I am eating too much? I don't know....it's all way too confusing :(
  • Well, here's what I'm thinking. I DON'T think you're eating too much. Circuit training/ boot camp is very intense. I think you should go to the moderate activity level which would put you at TDEE - 2371 and 15% CUT - 2015. Try the new cut level for a month and see what happens with your body.
  • Pea4jjab
    Really? I guess that scares me because when I did my reset, I was eating at about what you say my cut should be and I gained up to 184 from 177.
  • Pea4jjab
    Bump for anyone else's input
  • Pea4jjab
    I wanted to thank you for your advise too :)
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    I would agree that your workouts are very high intensiy and therefore you are probably underestimating your calorie needs. I would recommend increasing your calories by 100-200 and see if that makes a difference. Also what are your macros set at?
  • What was your calorie intake during your reset? How long did you do your reset? What is your history prior to doing a reset?
  • Pea4jjab
    My macros are set at 40/30/30.
  • Pea4jjab
    When I did my reset, I was eating between 2000 and 2100. I did it for 6 weeks.
  • Pea4jjab
    bump
  • What do you get the majority of your calories from? You need to make sure you get your protein macro as close as possible and drink lots of water every day.
  • Pea4jjab
    My macros are set to 40/30/30 (protein is 40). I am for at least 100 gram of protein. I do tend to fall short of my set macros for it daily.