Just wanted to celebrate - W5D3 done!

Options
You know how we all start off so nervous about that 20min run at the end of week 5, and it seems to unmanageable?

YOU WILL ASTONISH YOURSELF.

Once you hit your stride and get into the groove, there isn't much difference between 8 minutes and 20 minutes. I could have kept going when I got to 20 mins!

So if it's coming up for you, be brave because it is SO doable :D I'm so happy and proud!

Replies

• SilverOnTheTree
    SilverOnTheTree Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Oh well done!!

I'm in Week 2 now, following a podcast version, and I just hearrrrd about this 20-minutes-no-break thing. You're amazing!!
  • wiregrrl
    Options
    Great job! I'll be doing week 6-day 3 today, which I think is 22 minutes or so. It's amazing how you can go from barely running a few minutes to 20+!
  • alerica1
    alerica1 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    W5D3 for me tomorrow!!!!!!
  • hellotherecupcake
    Options
    My 20 min run isn't until next week, but it's so good to hear success stories! Way to go! :-)
  • mjbell642
    mjbell642 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Wooohooo to all you 20minuters !!! You are all awesome !!!

I should do day 2 tomorrow. Can't decide if I will knock it out on treadmill in morning or wait to run at night. Mill is probably better idea so I get it out of the way.

Good luck every one !!
  • ShrinkingShona
    ShrinkingShona Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Congrats and thank you for posting this. I started last week. Managed the first 2 days before coming down with a terrible virus. Under doctors recommendation I stopped but am so exited to start again once I am better. I can't imagine running for 20 mins, but then I couldn't imagine running for 1 minute and I managed it :)
  • mjbell642
    Options
    Oh my gosh...... I did it !!! Was on a practice run for a 4 miler that is next week. And I did 1 stretch that was 20 minutes !!! This race has massive hills so I ran the downhills and walked up. Whew!!!
  • karen91967
    karen91967 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! Congrats to you!!! I am going out in the morning to do my 20 min run!! I am nervous about it but excited too!!!!!
  • mjbell642
    Options
    4 miler was this morning !!! AWESOME !!! I still walk run, but did so much better this year compared to last. I guess I could count this morning as a repeat of a week 5 day or a modified week 6. I plan on restarting at week 6. Next 5k is end of October.
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • Needtobefitandslimagain
    Options
    Hi Jess, after reading your post early last week i knew what was coming up for me today and you were right i did astonish myself!
    I just managed to run for a full 20 minutes without stopping and it felt ok!

By now you have probably made a start on week 6- hope its going well for you!