Please introduce yourself!!

Options
13»

Replies

• TinaOsborneRN
    TinaOsborneRN Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi All!
    I’ve been on MPF for about a year now; it’s a great site for accountability! I’ve been eating clean for several years (paleo tendencies). Recently [last Friday] I was diagnosed LADA, Type 1 Diabetic after a many months months of very serious and related/symptomatic issues – so my whole world is in a whirlwind right now. You’ll see this reflected in my food diary; so bare with me while I adjust my new diet so I can get my blood glucose / insulin mixes under control.

I’m 49, 5’8” and currently weigh ~160-165. I’m fortunate I’ve always had a lanky build. I have my Master of Science in Occupational Therapy/not currently practicing; instead I work for the government in program operations and once again a full time student. I’ve got 3 dogs (Golden Ret, Yellow Lab, and yellow lab/pit-mix). I Love all things water and live at the beach. Over the last 3 years I’ve had a slow weight creep which I attribute to the changes occurring in my body with blood glucose levels on the rise (and the meds I’ve been on to combat it). While I’m not here to focus on losing weight I am here to focus on figuring out how and what to eat given the recent diagnosis. About 8 months ago they moved me away from eating clean to experiment with my blood sugar and to further figure out what in the world was going on. Just earlier this week they changed my plan again – and of course I was on vacation in Williamsburg with family!! So that made eating choices VERY difficult. Sure I’d eventually like to lose weight; but for now I’m just trying to figure out this insulin thing! My diary is and always has been open to my pals. Friend me if you like – OhThatBlonde
    I look forward to the support, ideas, and camaraderie I hope to find here.

wow, girl...you've been through a lot. I hope that you and your docs can get your insulin levels regulated. I'm surprised that clean eating was not working for you. Welcome to our group. I hope your enjoyed your vacation. I live about an hour away from Wiliamsburg!
  • TinaOsborneRN
    Options
    Hi. My name is Rebecca. I have been struggling with my weight for a while. I have tried to do it on my own, but even when I lose a little weight, I always seem to gain it back. I have 2 boys (9 and 4), work full time, and have a great husband. The problem with my house full of boys is our diet. They don't want my "little healthy diet foods", they love carbs, cheese, gravy, and lots of highly processed foods.

My goal is to slowly change their diets, but change mine drastically. Currently, we usually have separate meals, theirs and mine.... I have chosen a path of natural foods, not the highly processed low fat and fat free foods.I try to get at least 60 minutes of cardio 5 times a week. I'm not a runner, but I am trying desperately to learn. I want to be one of those people you see running all the time and love it.

I need help. I need accountability. I really planned on losing more weight by now as I have been going to the gym and semi eating better for almost 2 months...I've lost a whopping 4 pounds. I have to lose weight. I need to lose and I WANT to lose it. I'm hoping MyFitnessPal can help me reach my goals.

Welcome Rebecca!! We will help you meet your goals girl! Have you considered adding strength training to your routine? Muscle burns fat! Look me up on Facebook and send me a message. www.facebook.com/tinaoz. We can chat and figure out how to help you lose more.
  • BreeNJesse
    BreeNJesse Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi there, my name is Bree, I'm an almost 38 Mom of 2 crazy monkeys! Over the last couple of years I've had some health issues that kept me out of the gym, which is my temple. I have always been health conscious but started to eat for comfort and before I knew it I was 20 lbs heavier. Good Lord!! I am now back in the gym hard and heavy as of a few months ago and I have a LONG way to go but I'm not giving up anytime soon!
  • TinaOsborneRN
    Options
    Hi there, my name is Bree, I'm an almost 38 Mom of 2 crazy monkeys! Over the last couple of years I've had some health issues that kept me out of the gym, which is my temple. I have always been health conscious but started to eat for comfort and before I knew it I was 20 lbs heavier. Good Lord!! I am now back in the gym hard and heavy as of a few months ago and I have a LONG way to go but I'm not giving up anytime soon!

Welcome Bree! Good to have you in our group! I have a few crazy monkeys myself :) I can gain 10 pounds in the blink of an eye if I'm not careful. That's why MFP is so important.

Look me up on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/tinaoz. I am always posting motivational before/after pics, quotes, etc.!
  • katebarbato
    katebarbato Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Kate! I am a 27 year old teacher coach. When I'm stressed I tend to turn to food, so I'm going to try to get back in the habit of recording everything I eat. If I have to write it down first, the time allows me to think about why I don't actually need or want it.
  • TinaOsborneRN
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Kate! I am a 27 year old teacher coach. When I'm stressed I tend to turn to food, so I'm going to try to get back in the habit of recording everything I eat. If I have to write it down first, the time allows me to think about why I don't actually need or want it.

Nice to see you in here Kate!! This is a great resource to accompany our challenge group on Facebook!!
  • karen8873
    karen8873 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi, Im Karen
    Im 39 and a mom of 3. My oldest daughter is 22, and I have a 3 yr old girl and just had my baby boy in July! I am done having kids now, and really want to lose my belly. I have lost all but 5lbs of my baby weight, but I have a ton of toning up to do! I have been on MFP since Jan as I wanted to gain a healthy amount of weight while expecting.

About 8 yrs ago I lost 72 lbs, went from 185 to 113 in about a year. However I didnt work out a lot, so I became very flabby! Im now 125 and want to get to my pre pregnancy weight of 120 for now , and eventually back down to about 115 but toned this time!
    I for the most part eat pretty clean I think? I do like fiber bars protein bars, the occasional skinny cow ice cream at night maybe too... so I feel like there is more to learn and Im hoping I can do that here! My goal is to be fit by 40, for me and my two little ones that I will need to keep up with!
  • TinaOsborneRN
    Options
    Hi I'm Mana -I'm 39 years old and living in the UK.

I got married in the summer of 2011 and moved to a different city where I knew no-one other than my husband. I was 112lb when I got married but I comfort ate and did little exercise and have managed to pile on 17 lbs in just over a year.

I am starting a new job at the beginning of October and hope to make some friends there and also on MFP.

Please add me as a friend and help me stay on the straight and narrow :)

Welcome Mana!!! Will add you now! Friend me on Facebook too! www.facebook.com/tinaoz.. do a search for tinaosborne@msn.com if you can't find me!
  • TinaOsborneRN
    Options
    Hi, Im Karen
    Im 39 and a mom of 3. My oldest daughter is 22, and I have a 3 yr old girl and just had my baby boy in July! I am done having kids now, and really want to lose my belly. I have lost all but 5lbs of my baby weight, but I have a ton of toning up to do! I have been on MFP since Jan as I wanted to gain a healthy amount of weight while expecting.

About 8 yrs ago I lost 72 lbs, went from 185 to 113 in about a year. However I didnt work out a lot, so I became very flabby! Im now 125 and want to get to my pre pregnancy weight of 120 for now , and eventually back down to about 115 but toned this time!
    I for the most part eat pretty clean I think? I do like fiber bars protein bars, the occasional skinny cow ice cream at night maybe too... so I feel like there is more to learn and Im hoping I can do that here! My goal is to be fit by 40, for me and my two little ones that I will need to keep up with!

Good to see you here Karen!! WELCOME!!! and Congratulations again on that little baby boy!!
  • elizawe
    elizawe Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Elizabeth and I am 51 years old. I have always enjoyed a very active lifestyle and could pretty much eat whatever I wanted without concern for my weight. The last five years have been an adjustment for me with a diagnosis of hip osteoarthritis bilaterally, and I am now being told that a hip replacement is in my future depending on when I can't tolerate the pain anymore. I also have spinal stenosis and several other back injuries due to a fall (scoliosis, a complete collapse and a few herniated disks). I still exercise but movement is much much harder for me now and I can't exercise with the same intensity as before. The problem is now I have to be more careful about my diet and calorie intake, and I am struggling to keep my calorie intake down to match my slower metabolism and calorie expenditure.

I know how to eat clean; the problem is doing it! Just look at my journal today. It's chock full of mistakes. So, I need help being accountable.

My goal is to eat cleaner and lose 10 more pounds. I look forward to being part of this group!
  • TinaOsborneRN
    Options
    So nice to meet you Elizabeth! I admire your tenacity to keep exercising despite our diagnosis. A lot of people would have given up. Proud of you and it's great to have you in our group!!

P.S. Look me up on facebook: www.facebook.com/tinaoz. or do a search for tinaosborne@msn.com!
  • elizawe
    elizawe Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Just made my diary public so feel free to get on there and praise my strengths and point out my weaknesses. I want to lose 10 more pounds, which will help take the pressure off my hip osteoarthritis and spinal stenosis.
  • TinaOsborneRN
    Options
    Will do girl!