Yogurt clarification needed ????

prinqt
prinqt Posts: 29 Member
I am doing 17DD for the first time with a friend who has done it before. I was eating Dannon Light and Fit, and she said that was a no-no because it was flavored. And she says it has to be plain (not vanilla flavored either).
But everytime I read what the book says I read it as any kind of yogurt as long as it is low-fat. So, I am confused on the yogurt rules.
(a little bummed because the light and fit is more economical than the stuff she buys...)

Replies

• mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    I believe that you can have the yogurt you are currently using on the 17 day diet. What you want to avoidas much as possible are added sugars. Page 45 of the book says, “Yogurt, any type, including Greek-style, sugar-free fruit flavored; plain; and low-fat.” The ideal solution is to get Greek Style (more protein) plain, non fat and add your own berries, fruit or sugar free jam or preserves. The important part of the yogurt is the probiotics. It’s made from a dairy product so it will have carbs in it. You want to find the yogurt that has the most protein (Greek Yogurts have 2 times or more the protein then regular) The more protein it has the more it keeps us full and happy. CARBMASTER which includes fruit but is only 3 or 4 grams of sugar is an excellent choice also.
  • prinqt
    prinqt Posts: 29 Member
    Okay, that makes sense. The Strawberry Cheesecake from the Dannon Fit and Light is just sooooo yummy. I'll do Greek, but keep my strawberry cheesecake as an occasional treat that doesn't take me completely off track.