Need help with calories while starting cut

slm0257
slm0257 Posts: 72 Member
Howdy! I'm about 2 weeks into my cut and not seeing really any change. I took the last 3 weeks of my reset off from working out and started back once I started my cut. My workout schedule involves 3 days of cardio (jogging/walking...working my way up to solely running) and 3 days of weights. Each workout is usually about 45 minutes...so 4.5 hours per week. But it seems like strenuous category and not moderate. Lol. Do I go with the 3-5 hours of moderate exercise, or 5-6 hours of strenuous? Split the difference? Help please! :-)

Replies

• holleysings
    holleysings Posts: 664 Member
    Howdy! I'm about 2 weeks into my cut and not seeing really any change. I took the last 3 weeks of my reset off from working out and started back once I started my cut. My workout schedule involves 3 days of cardio (jogging/walking...working my way up to solely running) and 3 days of weights. Each workout is usually about 45 minutes...so 4.5 hours per week. But it seems like strenuous category and not moderate. Lol. Do I go with the 3-5 hours of moderate exercise, or 5-6 hours of strenuous? Split the difference? Help please! :-)

Ummm...it's only been two weeks! I would give it at least 4 weeks before making a change.
  • slm0257
    Well I'm not really looking to change anything if I don't need to. I was just wanting to know what the consensus was on what my activity level should be.
  • holleysings
    Well I'm not really looking to change anything if I don't need to. I was just wanting to know what the consensus was on what my activity level should be.

I would go with moderate since it's about the amount of hours, not the level of activity. :smile: What's your activity level outside of exercise? I actually have to go with a higher activity level because I run around like the energizer bunny than my hours of exercise suggest.
  • slm0257
    I am a stay at home mom. Some days are busier than others. Some days its lay in the floor and read books, do activities with my son, other days its a trip to the zoo, etc.
  • holleysings
    In that case, I would go with the higher activity level! Children can sure keep you moving!