essential oils in hot tub

Options
Don't! lol. I was told it would help the FM and would keep my alk down and the microbes down and make my water perfect not to mention i would not be sitting in chemicals. I thought it was too good to be true. I was right. The alk was so high , it errored on the machine, and it smelled like a fungi farm and it ruined my heating element in just a total of 3 days. I usually keep my tub perfect, so I know its not due to wear and tear. I'm pretty sad.

Replies

• KaylaSaltz
    KaylaSaltz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Using EOs in my whirlpool tub is an integral, essential part of my daily health. Truly, essential oil use was a turning point for me. It allowed me to be in control of my health, again, to some extent.

BTW, I've got CFS, mostly. The FM pain is constant, but not debilitating.

I choose different oils depending on whether I need pain relief, emotional support, congestion relief, general relaxation or an uplifting zing. I've been doing this since I got the whirlpool and have had it for at least 4 years without any problems. I add epsom salt about once a week for the extra pain-relieving anti-inflammatory effect.

However, I follow manufacturer's suggestions for cleaning once every week or two; and I use only pure essential oils. *Many* products masquerade as essential oils, but are diluted in a vegetable oil, combined with fragrances or are only fragrances.

I'm not sure about the differences between hot tubs and whirlpools. Mine is a tub with jets that I empty and fill for use.
  • judkinsjenny
    Options
    oh, yeah, mine is a hot tub. It stays full for 6 months at a time. So maybe the buildup is bad? but they said to use it ONLY, no chlorine, boy, was that a bad idea! lol
  • sunshinedean
    sunshinedean Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Wish I had a hot tub!! :happy:

When I was able to get to the YMCA I always followed any exercize with a 5 min dip in the hot tub there. The clorine killed my eyes but it was a huge benefit on my muscles.

Sadly this last flare up has prevented me from doing anything but work (and I don't do that well) for the last 2 weeks..... :cry: I know it will get better again....but .......
  • KaylaSaltz
    KaylaSaltz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Heavens, sunshine, congrats on being able to work outside the home! After 25 years of dealing with this, I've finally found a regimen of meds, supplements, movements (I hesitate to call what I do "exercise") and therapies that will allow me to do some very basic care of myself, hubby, and home. There's just not enough of me left to work outside the home.