Lunch ideas?

Options
What's everyone having for lunch on Phase 1? I'm running out of ideas and I don't want salad EVERY day.

Replies

• DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    If you are home, a veggie omelet is a good change from the norm. Unless you already had one for breakfast!
    Or veggie soup with chicken or lean beef.
    Stir fry.
    Lean beef patty with fat free cheese wrapped in a lettuce leaf and mustard, pickles, onions, whatever you would put on a burger.
    Lettuce roll ups with meats and ff cheese, dip in guacamole or spread inside.
    Tuna salad wrapped in lettuce leaf.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Today I spent 3 hrs at pediatrician for granddaughters 2 month shots, so didn't get back home for lunch. Found myself hungry in walmart, so I bought a pure protein bar. Not sure if it is legal on P1, but it did the trick
  • eddysuchydvm
    eddysuchydvm Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    What I love about Fall/Winter is the soups...veggie, beef stew full of veggies, chicken soup, etc. A family tradition of ours is chicken soup with egg...whisk up an egg and fry it like an omelette...let it cool and cut into long strips. Put in your bowl and serve the chicken soup over it.

Crockpot! I like to take a meat (boneless, skinless thighs or lean beef like a lean roast) - cook in a broth overnight. If I make thighs, I like to eat the shredded meat over salad or, for example, a half acorn squash roasted in the oven. In fact, roasting a half acorn squash and making it the base for a yummy meat is actually really yummy and really filling!

Taco-less taco salad piled high = a lot of food for few calories
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Today I spent 3 hrs at pediatrician for granddaughters 2 month shots, so didn't get back home for lunch. Found myself hungry in walmart, so I bought a pure protein bar. Not sure if it is legal on P1, but it did the trick

^

It may have had sugar(s) in it ...... but it's not the end of the world ......

I've learned to NEVER leave my house without snacks ..... even after 4 years, I still carry a small insulated bag filled with water, almonds, cheesesticks (for Phase 1) and fruit (Phase 2) ....... those snacks have saved my fanny many times !

Hope your granddaughter is doing well !
  • ErnestinesMom
    Options
    What's everyone having for lunch on Phase 1? I'm running out of ideas and I don't want salad EVERY day.

This first week I kept it really easy. I had poached boneless skinless chicken breasts--I cut them into medallions ... and just used that for four days...I added lots of fresh veggies. I did use light mayo to dip the chicken in, but just got two new ideas to fix that...freshly grated parmesan reggiano...and light dressing...use one or the other as dippers.

But I am on the hunt for no sugar added bbq sauce so that I shred the chicken once it has cooled off a bit and then have a pile of that bbq chicken with some very SB legal cole claw.

Tomorrow I am having tuna salad.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Usually I have leftovers, seldom a salad ......

Turkey-veggie-bean chili with side of roasted broccoli
    Poached chicken breast with sauteed zucchini & onions
    Deli turkey breast or roast beef with roasted greenbeans
    Raw red & green peppers and cherry tomatoes wiith hummus & a hardboiled egg

Have fun experimenting !
  • margieyoumans
    margieyoumans Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    LOVE the idea of soup. As soon as my stinky butt 1 yo goes to naptime, I'm hitting the kitchen.
  • 4given4life
    4given4life Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Those are some good ideas. Thanks ladies!! Now that it's getting cooler, chili sounds wonderful!
  • stayathomezookeepa
    Options
    I read that when your doing any new diet/lifestyle change repetition is the key to staying on track at first. So I have been having pretty much the same things just mixing up the days when i have it. As for lunch I have been having grilled Salmon steaks, hamburgers without the bun, tuna and veggie stir fry and chicken and veggie soup. But my favorite by far is salmon :)