About that Frozen Yogurt

Options
ASH0424
ASH0424 Posts: 49 Member
So, is it possible that I am learning the ways of non-emotional eating?
On Wenesday I bought FF Frozen Yogurt, there was a deal at Harris Teeter for 2.
Last night after I put my sons to bed, I thought I will have some Frozen Yogurt.
I grabbed the container and thought back on how before I might have just ate right out of the container in some emotional freenzy.
1/2 cup is 100 calories, so at 12 servings that 1200 calories for the container. It somehow shocked me as I measured out my 1/2 cup - that I could have ate half to a whole container before and not even have thought about it.
I felt good last night as I dug in and watched a show on netflix.........
I just may be on the right track!!

Replies

• losingw8now
    losingw8now Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    good for you!!! I hope I get there -= one day I am and the next I'm not. Depends on.....my emotions at the time!!
  • ASH0424
    Options
    I think my whole thing about it was the fact that I noticed.
    I noticed something I would normally do.
    I am very mindless about eating often times, even if I am measureing or eating the right portion, so I think that's why it felt so good to me last night. : )
  • roguestates
    Options
    That's really awesome progress! I've gotten more mindful about eating, understanding when it's something that will nourish me, versus something that is masking a problem I need to face.
  • kathyimitchell
    Options
    Good job! I am also learning to pay attention to what I am eating. Being in control feels SO much better than being out of control. MFP is really working for me. I always knew that it was important to log all your food, but it took so much time to write everything down and then look up the calories. I rarely stayed with it more than a week or two. Before long, I'd be back to my old ways. This is actually FUN! I don't feel deprived AT ALL.
  • Lkatinas
    Lkatinas Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    So, is it possible that I am learning the ways of non-emotional eating?
    On Wenesday I bought FF Frozen Yogurt, there was a deal at Harris Teeter for 2.
    Last night after I put my sons to bed, I thought I will have some Frozen Yogurt.
    I grabbed the container and thought back on how before I might have just ate right out of the container in some emotional freenzy.
    1/2 cup is 100 calories, so at 12 servings that 1200 calories for the container. It somehow shocked me as I measured out my 1/2 cup - that I could have ate half to a whole container before and not even have thought about it.
    I felt good last night as I dug in and watched a show on netflix.........
    I just may be on the right track!!

Awesome!!! Great motivation for me :) ty
  • ASH0424
    Options
    Thanks Everyone!!
  • nofailureallowed
    Options
    W2G!!! I know that is an amazing feeling!
  • lessofmeeachweek
    lessofmeeachweek Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Way to go!

I think it is really important that we start to notice those things, I am still struggling with that kind of stuff. But I have started to make sure I enter in here what I eat before I do to make sure it is worth it to eat it. That is a hard thing for me since I always come up with excuses on why I can eat this or that.

You are definitely on the right track, hopefully soon we will all be!