what do you eat the night before a long run?

Options
I am new to running long distances. I have done a couple half marathons but I am currently training for my first full. I was curious what people ate the night before a long run?

Replies

• CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Something I know won't upset my stomach. I stay away from sauerkraut and very spicy foods. Other than that, I don't really have any restrictions. I try to eat a good portion of carbs every day, so the day before a long run is no different from that respect.
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    My biggest concern is about not having an upset stomach, nothing worse than having stop and use the restroom on my room (well I guess crapping in my running shorts would be worse...).
  • dunkrobertson
    dunkrobertson Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    so true :^)
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    I don't eat anything special but I do make sure to eat enough that I am not hungry in the morning. Also, I eat high carb everyday.
  • FoxyMcDeadlift
    FoxyMcDeadlift Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    My favourite pre race meal is a curry. Saag Alloo, rice, a lean chicken curry (not spicy) and a flat bread. Just day to day training i like to have a big bowl of oats or pasta, some meat and veg and maybe some eggs. I give it two and half - three hours before i run after eating