TREC

broekte
broekte Posts: 102 Member
Is anybody utilizing the TREC trail system yet? I know the goal is to eventually have the whole county and possibly beyond linked together with a trail network. If you don't have it close to you are you excited for them to get it to your area? I personally walked it last weekend and it is really well done. I plan on taking advantage of a forecasted wonderful weekend coming up to use it some more.

Replies

• lnd2011
    lnd2011 Posts: 70 Member
    Where is it
  • broekte
    so far it is only completed from the west side of Effingham out towards Lake Sara but they are hoping to have the trail system throughout the county...there is more information about it here http://www.trectrails.com/
  • Bub70
    Bub70 Posts: 6 Member
    I didn't even know this existed. How long is it currently? Probably not going to be south of Dieterich for awhile.
  • broekte
    I believe it's only about 3-5 miles long so far so it's going to be a long time before they get it to the rest of the county. I would guess that might be a 20 year plan or something like that.
  • broekte
    I walked the trail from Outer Belt west in Effingham to as far as it goes close to the Nazarene Road near Lake Sara yesterday. It starts out with a couple tough hills but then levels out pretty well. It is a really neat walk through nature that you normally don't get with a highlight of a raised catwalk that leads over the Little Wabash River. If you get a chance to try it ever I highly recommend it.