Food Suggestions

timvet
timvet Posts: 114 Member
Hi
I just started this program and I am having a huge issue eating all the protein and not going past the carbs! I eat a lot of fruit and from what I can tell that is the issue. Do you have some good ideas for high protein other than meat and nuts. Also, if most of my carbs are coming from fruit is that bad?
Thanks!:embarassed:

Replies

• Avocados, goats cheese, eggs, greek yoghurt are all good sources of protein. Make sure you get protein in at EVERY meal otherwise I find I never make my protein macro.

Fruit is very high in sugar and if I were you I would stick to berries as they are the lowest in sugar. However, as long as you are keeping as close to your carb macro as possible you should be fine :)
  • mphlab
    mphlab Posts: 187 Member
    I have the same issue and I can't really say I've tackled it! I like string cheese too and chicken!
  • timvet
    timvet Posts: 114 Member
    Thank you ! I think I just need to switch out my fruit for some of the things suggested here. :smile:
  • holleysings
    holleysings Posts: 664 Member
    Why switch out fruit? I'm not sure I understand why fruit has such a bad rap! If you're having problems with carbs, I would not cut out fruit! I would look at my other carb sources and change those, especially if you eat processed carbs. I think if you stick with fruit and whole grains, there is nothing wrong with eating lots of carbs.