Not sure I can do Lean for Life phase...

Options
twinmomtwice4
twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
Okay, so this was my first week in the Lean for Life phase and it's tougher than I thought!

For instance, the first week you do Burn Circuit 1 then Push Circuit 2 and then Lean Circuit 1.

I did M, W and then today. But my muscles are still sore from Push 2 from Wed that I totally sucked at Lean 1 today. I pretty much failed on most of the moves at 9-10 reps.

Now, I see why this phase is more for people who are in maintenance. I think I need to be a little bit stronger before attempting this part. I was going to give it a month at this phase and see what my results are but not sure I can keep up.

What do you all think? Has anyone done this phase yet or is in the process of it? Would I be a total wuss for just kicking this phase to the curb for now and just doing another round of CLX from the beginning?

Replies

• jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I don't think there's anything wrong with doing another round! It will likely be more effective in helping you get stronger, whereas Lean for life is more maintenance (I'm sure you could still push yourself and get stronger doing it too, but I don't think it was designed for 'goals' and might be harder on you if you did try to use it that way as you might be experiencing). I plan on doing it again or maybe moving to STS program (not sure yet...depends on budget at this point and I want to do a bit more research into STS first)

I'm not ready to maintain that's for sure, but when I am, I think Lean for Life is a great, no-brainer schedule to fall back on from time to time when not doing any other program or just want a break from any specific goal.

I can't imagine doing Lean for life for the rest of my life anyways! It's just another option in your arsenal of workouts that you should switch up every month or so anyways. The same workouts over and over isn't ideal. Your body gets used to it and the gains will be minimal.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I love CLX but didn't realize what the Lean for Life Phase was about until now. I think that sounds like a great way to mix it up b/c I get so bored with the same thing all of the time that I am now doing Cathe - Muscle Max along with CLX - alternating weeks. Of course I am FAR from maintenance but that sounds like it would be a great idea when I finally finish the program.

As for OP - I agree with jyska - Go another round until you feel strong enough or maybe do one week of each phase. I don't know but there are tons of ways you could mix it up to go with what you feel best doing!! Best of luck and I know that you will do what works best for you!!:flowerforyou:
  • twinmomtwice4
    Options
    I was doing some reading in the CLX booklet and she says you can either use this phase for maintenance or to continue building muscle but I think I agree with both of you that this is more for maintenance!!!

I think I'll consider doing another round or even as Autumn suggested, doing 1 week at a time of each phase to mix it up.

I really want to look into some of the Cathe DVD's too!

Autumn, how do you like Muscle Max??
  • MichelleRenee13
    MichelleRenee13 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I am also interested in Cathe, but my budget won't allow at this time. I am really not sure what I am going to do after I finish the Lean ciruit in 3 weeks. I really like CLX, but I need a break from Chalene and the gang. I get bored very easily and I don't think I can stand hearing the same lines over and over again...LOL. I definitely need a break from it, but will go back to it again!!

I just am not sure where to go. I have 3 weeks to figure it out!
  • twinmomtwice4
    Options
    Actually, I totally forgot I had Jillian Michael's Body Revolution. I had lent it to my sister and she's done with it now so I need to get it back from her.

So now I'm thinking of doing that program again and then going back for another round of CLX!!
  • twinmomtwice4
    Options
    I am also interested in Cathe, but my budget won't allow at this time. I am really not sure what I am going to do after I finish the Lean ciruit in 3 weeks. I really like CLX, but I need a break from Chalene and the gang. I get bored very easily and I don't think I can stand hearing the same lines over and over again...LOL. I definitely need a break from it, but will go back to it again!!

I just am not sure where to go. I have 3 weeks to figure it out!

I get bored very quickly too though for some reason I never tired of Chalene!! But the warm up and cool down got on my nerves....always the same moves!!!!
  • MichelleRenee13
    Options
    I do find Chalene very motivational. I find Skip to be hilarious!

I agree about the warm up/cool down. They need to be mixed up and changed depending on the routine. Sometimes I just warm up on the staionary bike and stretch on my own.
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I don't care that the warm up/cool down are the same...I get up to workout in the mornings and I'm still half asleep when I start so anything new requires too much concentration at first...:tongue: ! by the time the warmup is over, I'm awake and good to go and by the cool down, I'm too tired to care what she does! :laugh:
  • flslp87
    flslp87 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I love Chalene but agree that the same moves can be a bit boring.....I'm thinking about not having sound and just listening to my IPOD while I do the moves....haven't tried it yet but maybe next week....think I'd miss anything?
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options

I get bored very quickly too though for some reason I never tired of Chalene!! But the warm up and cool down got on my nerves....always the same moves!!!!

I agree--wish this was mixed up a bit. I got so used to the P90x moves at warm up and cool down, I tend to do some of those mixed in as well, especially at cool down.....they are really great.

I agree-I like your idea of one week of each phase---great idea!
  • bellabrite
    bellabrite Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I am actually extending Push to 6 weeks so I can build as much strength as possible!
  • twinmomtwice4
    Options
    I love Chalene but agree that the same moves can be a bit boring.....I'm thinking about not having sound and just listening to my IPOD while I do the moves....haven't tried it yet but maybe next week....think I'd miss anything?

I think that would be fun...as long as you're still able to really focus on your form. I find that her constant reminders to tighten my core and keep my shoulders up, etc, etc help me focus better on what I'm doing.
  • twinmomtwice4
    Options
    I am actually extending Push to 6 weeks so I can build as much strength as possible!

Looking back, I wish I had done that!! I loved Push and it made me feel super strong!!!! I'm positive that's where I saw the most progress with my body, esp my arms!
  • gxm17
    gxm17 Posts: 374
    Options

That's a great idea. I'm in week 4 of Burn, I might extend the phases to 6 weeks. I've been working out at home to videos and DVDs for 10 years. Chalene's programs are the best I've found so I'd like to stretch out CLX as long as I can.
  • MichelleRenee13
    Options
    Actually, I totally forgot I had Jillian Michael's Body Revolution. I had lent it to my sister and she's done with it now so I need to get it back from her.

So now I'm thinking of doing that program again and then going back for another round of CLX!!

I was looking into Body Revolution.

I am also considering doing a P90/Rockin Body Hybrid. I hear P90 is for those that can't/aren't ready for P90X. I know I am not ready for P90X! I would like a bit of a break from heavy lifting and focus on circuit training for just a bit to hopefully get rid of some of this stubborn fat that is hiding everything underneath!
  • twinmomtwice4
    Options

I was looking into Body Revolution.

I am also considering doing a P90/Rockin Body Hybrid. I hear P90 is for those that can't/aren't ready for P90X. I know I am not ready for P90X! I would like a bit of a break from heavy lifting and focus on circuit training for just a bit to hopefully get rid of some of this stubborn fat that is hiding everything underneath!

Yep, that's exactly why I'm giving JMBR another round! I saw excellent results and I think circuit training is exactly what I need right now to burn some off this fat off to reveal more of the muscle I've built over the last 3 months after doing the CLX program!!
  • aeverton
    Options
    I'm about 6 months into Lean for Life. But, I've modified the schedule. I do Burn 1, Push 2, Lean 3 for only 2 weeks and then I do Burn 2, Push 3, Lean 1 for 2 weeks, and then Burn 3, Push 1, and Lean 2 for 2 weeks. I do some type of cardio (usually Nike Training Club workout, butt bible, yoga or a P90x workout) on one day, and I run 2 days a week and I rest one day a week.

I have to admit I'm getting a little bored, but you just can't beat the quick and effective workouts. I wish she'd come out with a Chalean Extreme 2!!!!

Angie
  • twinmomtwice4
    Options
    I'm about 6 months into Lean for Life. But, I've modified the schedule. I do Burn 1, Push 2, Lean 3 for only 2 weeks and then I do Burn 2, Push 3, Lean 1 for 2 weeks, and then Burn 3, Push 1, and Lean 2 for 2 weeks. I do some type of cardio (usually Nike Training Club workout, butt bible, yoga or a P90x workout) on one day, and I run 2 days a week and I rest one day a week.

I have to admit I'm getting a little bored, but you just can't beat the quick and effective workouts. I wish she'd come out with a Chalean Extreme 2!!!!

Angie

Wouldn't that be awesome if she came out with a CLX 2???!!! I would buy it in a heartbeat!!!!
  • MichelleRenee13
    Options
    Let's start an email campaign to get a CLX 2!!
  • mpf1
    mpf1 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of an extended push phase! My next time around, I am not sure what I will do yet. Alternating weeks w/ each phase seems like a good idea too!