Wow. Just WOW. Thank you EMTWL!

Options
glwerth
glwerth Posts: 335 Member
Wow.

I have been at this since January 2nd. I lost at first, then levelled off to losing nothing on the vlcd I started on.

MFP gave me a bump in June and I was losing about a half a pound per week.

Started weights three weeks ago. I'm still not lifting as much as some of you are, but I'm doing more than I thought I could.

I've dropped five pounds this week.

I'm eating (most days, yesterday was weird) at least my BMR, but my body is letting go of the weight.

I'm still huge, but I've gone from 312 to 307 since last week at this time. The lifting is the only reason I can think of for this.

I am amazed.

I expect it to slow quite a bit, but this week has been exactly what I needed mentally. I'm ready to go forth and work even harder.

Replies

• tbellamy1
    Options
    I think you are doing great!!!! 312 to 307 is a awesome loss. And as far a your lifting, take your time we all have to start somewhere. You starting is half the battle and you are on your way. Keep pushing, keep challenging yourself and success will continue. I think you starting to lift and seeing changes already is excellent. What Ive learned is to not rush things. You are in this for LIFE not 30, 60, 90 days. And along this journey you will run into all kinds of bumps and turns but you are on the right track. GOOD LUCK!!!!!
  • Kiris2
    Kiris2 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Oh My!!! That is fantastic! I know a few weeks ago we discussed our plateaus and you seem to have the help needed!! So happy for you!!!
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    That is Awesome!!! It's great when we may be having doubts or are discouraged and then we get that much NEEDED boost to help us get through until the next one!!! Lifting is something that you will NEVER regret starting - Remember we ALL had to start somewhere and no matter where you start just think about where you are going!!! FANTASTIC!!!:happy:
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Wow, way to go. Keep lifting those weights and keep eating and you will be doing great!
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    This is really encouraging although I eat much more than you do. I am not gaining though so I think if I "pump up the volume" on my workouts then I might see some results soon. I've really not hit it as hard as I could so we'll see:)

Many congrats, denise:flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker: