Help with numbers please

Lwohitz
Lwohitz Posts: 9 Member
Hi
Iam somewhat new to this idea of eating more to weigh less . I am just wondering about what to put in for activity level. As of right now, I am not active at all.. I have been off work sick with an illness for 3 years and although I am feeling better my activity level is pretty low.

Basically, I am ususally on the computer/couch for most of the day.. sometimes I will go to the mall and shop and walk around the mall but other then that I really am not active. So would you put me at desk/office job sedentary?

I plan on starting to do some walk away the pounds videos which would put me at about 3 hours of excercise a week. If this is the case then I guess I could put myself at light activity then? If I were to add in some lifing then can I keep myself at this level if I dont do it that often?

My numbers are this

Height 65 inches
weight: 180 lbs
Female

For Sedentary my numbers are BMR-1605 TDEE-1923 Cut value- 1637
For light activity they are BMR-1605 TDEE-2207 Cut- 1875

Iam just confused on where to put myself in terms of activity level.

Also, I am one that things dont usually work out for. Like if 99 percent of people have success with a program Iwould be in the 1% that didnt :/

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Oh my please tell yourself that you will succeed. And I would say with the walking program if it is less than 3hrs per week then go with light.

Lucia
  • mphlab
    mphlab Posts: 187 Member
    I am disabled & it is working for me so I will bet it will for you too. I got a FITBIT because I was confused. It is definitely not Sedentary. Try Light as Lucia said. Mine turned out to be between sedentary & light.