Finally the Weight is coming off!

divediva2
divediva2 Posts: 297 Member
Well it has been a long summer, I have been doing EM2WL since the beginning of May. I increased my calorie intake according to the Scooby numbers and then did my cut after 6 weeks. Nothing, I lost 4lbs and then started gaining, and gaining. Yikes, but I was losing inches! So that is positive.

I decided about 2 weeks ago to drop my calories by 100 and try not to eat so much fruit. I eat a lot of fruit and I wondered if maybe I was eating too much. I also started eating oatmeal for breakfast, just because it was getting cooler. Hmmmmm, the past two weeks I have dropped 2.3lbs and 2.8lbs. I am now back to where I started. Which is good. I feel great still and I am eating foods I like. I have fruit twice a day instead of several servings.

For those of you who have just started, or are working away and thinking this might not be working, just hang in there. Change up your foods a bit if you think you need to do something. Look at your diary. Look at what you are eating. If you notice you are eating a particular food quite a bit, for me it was fruit, which is healthy but can also be high in sugars (good sugar I suppose but it was obviously affecting my progress!). Try to reduce the servings. For someone else it might be dairy or bread. I don't think you should cut anything out completely at all, but just look at your portions and number of servings.

I did not change my activity level at all, in fact, I was a "naughty girl" and slacked off at the gym! I will be better this week though. I promise. I had a check in with my trainer and she was very positive. We meet again in one month. Until then I am on my own and I need to get it done! I have a goal in mind now. I will be achieving it.

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Wow that is just awesome!
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Very encouraging as I just today watched the video on Metabolism reset which I have not done. But 2 weeks ago I started eating 300 cals below my TDEE. No changes but as I said, your post is encouraging. I have really dug in on my weight training but only 3 to 4 times a week and I do sort of a circuit training that is 20-30 min. long. I love it and have never felt my muscles have been used like this EVER before.

So I am only starting and I don't know if I need to do a reset since I was never eating low cal, well, only for a few weeks here on MFP I think I ate around 13-1400 by including eating back exercise cals. Some days were just barely 1200 but most were over.

Thank you for the post, I will keep trudging along, I feel great and not gaining any weight. Just not losing inches but I just feel that is on the way if I stick to this.

denise:drinker: :drinker:
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,374 Member
    That is great to hear OP...I think that we all could learn from this - I know I will!!! I am at a stall too and really need to change a few things in my eating habits as well!!

Thanks for sharing!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Yay!
    It just takes a bit longer for some, but it will happen eventually :)))
    So happy for you
  • wants2travel
    wants2travel Posts: 32 Member
    Great news, DD! You hung in there and it paid off!
  • jomatho
    jomatho Posts: 311 Member
    Love this. A good reminder to keep an open mind and listen to your body. And I think a couple servings of fruit a day is perfect!
  • Sixalicious
    Sixalicious Posts: 283 Member
    That's great! Congrats.
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    That's great that you stuck with and didn't give up and it has paid you dividends!
    You are so right that sometimes we just have to look back at our diaries and see what we have been doing, what we should change, tweak it a little bit and success!
    Congratulations to you :D