Did a diet break/exercise break get you past a plateau?

Options
I am wondering if I should take a diet and exercise break for a week. I have been stuck at this weight and body fat for what seems like months now and I just got a fitbit which shows that I have been under eating (have been eating around 1800 and I should have been eating 2000-2200). I want to lose another 2-4% body fat to get to where I want to be. Did an exercise and/or diet break help start up your progress again?

Replies

• Nerdybreisawesome
    Nerdybreisawesome Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I am wondering if I should take a diet and exercise break for a week. I have been stuck at this weight and body fat for what seems like months now and I just got a fitbit which shows that I have been under eating (have been eating around 1800 and I should have been eating 2000-2200). I want to lose another 2-4% body fat to get to where I want to be. Did an exercise and/or diet break help start up your progress again?

I just took a diet break. I won't know how it worked till next Saturday. :)
  • MichelleRenee13
    MichelleRenee13 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I took an exercise break and I literally did no exercise...not even a casual walk. I went off one of those days diet wise. I lost 1lb. The following week (this past week) I upped my calories by 50 per day and dropped another 2lbs this morning. I weigh once a week. I have been dealing with the same few pounds since easter time and my plateau has finally broken. I dropped 3lbs the past 2 weeks. I hope it stays that way!
  • BlondieBride
    BlondieBride Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I took an exercise break and I literally did no exercise...not even a casual walk. I went off one of those days diet wise. I lost 1lb. The following week (this past week) I upped my calories by 50 per day and dropped another 2lbs this morning. I weigh once a week. I have been dealing with the same few pounds since easter time and my plateau has finally broken. I dropped 3lbs the past 2 weeks. I hope it stays that way!

That's great! It's going to be very difficult for me not exercising!
  • deevatude
    deevatude Posts: 322 Member
    Options

did u still eat the same amount of calories when u took the break?
  • MichelleRenee13
    MichelleRenee13 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I did stay at the same calories when on the exercise break. I just took out exercise and did not change my calorie intake.
  • Nerdybreisawesome
    Nerdybreisawesome Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I did stay at the same calories when on the exercise break. I just took out exercise and did not change my calorie intake.

this gives me me hope. :)