Finally, a successful week @10% cut!

himel13
himel13 Posts: 146 Member
As many of you already know, I was supposed to make my cut on the 1st of September, after 12 weeks of Reset. But I simply couldn't do it! I kept eating at TDEE or over..even more so because I was nervous about going back down to lower calories.
After 2 weeks of struggling with food choices and not being able to stay within my goal, I finally managed a week at 10% cut!
So that officially ends what turned out to be a 14 week long Reset! :D
The total I've gained on the Reset is 3-4 pounds. I'm still bloated and looking quite large..but I believe if I can keep the cut up for a few more weeks then I will soon see changes!
Just wanted to share my victory! :)

Replies

• Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    That is great! Way to go and make sure to keep us posted about your progress :)
  • cazsyl
    cazsyl Posts: 89 Member
    Well done - it's taken me 2 weeks to get to 10% cut too.

You will start to lose so keep positive.
  • woodsygirl
    woodsygirl Posts: 354 Member
    Awesome news!
  • jomatho
    jomatho Posts: 311 Member
    Haha, sounds like me, it took me about 14 weeks also. Just couldn't get into it sooner than that, so I guess I needed it. Once I started cutting, it was easier, but I still struggle with days here and there that I am over. I have just come to the conclusion that this is going to be a slow process for me because I like fuel!
    Good luck with your cut!
  • himel13
    Thanks everyone! :)
    Fuel is hard to give up, thus the delay for us all in getting back to the cut! good luck on your journeys! will keep you all posted!!
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    I must admit that I too found it hard to talk myself into feeling that I was doing the right thing by cutting calories. Especially when I was still having days where I was scolding myself for eating so few calories in the last years. It was really hard to justify cutting them back after finally feeling better that I was doing things right for my body. I talked myself into doing it, but i'm still having a hard time with it, in that my weight-lifting isn't advancing anymore and i'm finding it hard to hang on to the muscle that I just built up from the Reset. I'm constantly struggling with myself as to how long I can stay on cut and i'll be glad when I don't have to any more and I can go back to maintenance and continue building my stronger body with 100% energy.
    I'm glad you were able to do it finally! Keep up the good work!!
  • LuluProteinFueled
    LuluProteinFueled Posts: 261 Member
    I must admit that I too found it hard to talk myself into feeling that I was doing the right thing by cutting calories. Especially when I was still having days where I was scolding myself for eating so few calories in the last years. It was really hard to justify cutting them back after finally feeling better that I was doing things right for my body. I talked myself into doing it, but i'm still having a hard time with it, in that my weight-lifting isn't advancing anymore and i'm finding it hard to hang on to the muscle that I just built up from the Reset. I'm constantly struggling with myself as to how long I can stay on cut and i'll be glad when I don't have to any more and I can go back to maintenance and continue building my stronger body with 100% energy.
    I'm glad you were able to do it finally! Keep up the good work!!

Firstly, congrats OP.... wonderful news!!

Hey littlepink hearts, just wondering how much you've cut by? It's funny, you know, I can't cut by more than 10%. I get faaaar to hungry on 15%. So as long as I'm on 10, I'm ok. Have you got any room to move on cut?

Also, eating at TDEE as a plan in general isn't so bad. You will obviously gain muscle, which will eventually lead to more cals burned, and changes in composition which will still decrease fat. So if cut isn't your thing... I honestly would go with what your body is telling you! I'm considering it soon actually. However I'm getting my BMF in a week so will be playing around with numbers for awhile. Sometimes I wonder if I'm burning much more than I think due to my hunger levels. Looking forward to finally knowing the numbers.
  • littlepinkhearts
    Thanks Lulu....i'm at a 10% cut based on 3-5 hrs of exercise. I started out on this site because I was in the process of losing weight and thought it would be fun to actually learn some other health related things while I did it. Then I found out I wasn't eating near enough on a regular basis, so I started to feel really bad that I wasn't taking care of my body and I had thought I kinda was, by eating good foods. So then I did the Reset and felt really good about that. But the fact remains, I still need to lose about 15-20 lbs of fat off my body and i'm not willing to wait years to get it off. Probably a vanity thing for me, but none the less, important. So i'm going through this daily struggle between fat loss versus healthy strong body. But really, fat loss is also health related. So i'm trying to find some kind of a compromise and a balance between losing the fat and at least keeping what muscle and strength I have gained thus far. This whole fuel your body thinking is new to me, so it's taking me a while to find a path that's right for me. There are so many things to think of including the diet breaks, exercise breaks. It's kind of over-whelming at times. I just bought a HRM and am having fun with the numbers also. And also, with regards to your mention of feeling hungry all the time on more then a 10% cut. Yes!!! but i've been starving on a 10% cut even. Now i'm finding that my body is not wanting to do the exercise i'm pushing it to do, so something is going on. There are a few things i'm thinking it could be. Just takes sooooo long to figure everything out. Patience definately is a virtue and one i'm fairly short on, but working on. Some day i'll get this figured out and I swear I won't be forgetting it any time soon haha
  • littlepinkhearts
    omG that post was long...but i'm tired. :P
  • LuluProteinFueled
    LuluProteinFueled Posts: 261 Member
    oh i know, i know, so much to consider and play with!!! however if you're lacking energy for your workouts, there's definitely something going on. friend requested you so we can check in with each other :)
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    Wow! Only a 3-4lb gain during 14 weeks is amazing on reset. Good for you!!! GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR CUT!!!! :)
  • himel13
    Didn't manage to successfully finish a 2nd week at cut..averaged at TDEE again! I'm struggling with 10%, and according to a calculator I tried today, to lose all the weight I want with a cut of 10% it will take me til 2014! Thats really demotivating.
    It doesnt help that I'm short and even a cut of 10% leaves me with only 1500 calories..so cutting more than that will leave me with so little that I doubt I'll manage! ARrrrrrrrrrrrggghh!

thanks for the motivation guys! 3-4 pounds on reset isnt much, but sometimes I worry I'll be stuck here forever! :(
  • littlepinkhearts
    himel13...perhaps you just need some more time at Maintenance. Especially if you're more comfortable eating that amount of food right now. Perhaps your body needs that amount of food a little longer? If you're not ready, then I don't see the point in pushing yourself to cut, or maybe try 5% for a bit, just to ease into it? You're not gaining a lot while eating at the level you're eating, so you can afford to wait a bit longer? Also, maybe try playing with your macros a bit to find a combination that makes you feel fuller at a cut. Hope you get it worked out :)

Edit: Also, protein makes you feel fuller, so try hard to get it all in every day.