Challenge - Veggies

Options
Hello, hoping to try some veggies I don't ever eat. This is open to the group if you want to try it.

Try two kinds of veggies you normally don't buy.. Hope to see some of you join in. :-)

No time deadline on this. Just when you try it, let us know how it was, how you cooked it etc.

Replies

• ceeegeee
    Options
    Today was the first day I cooked fennel. I had it once before in a restaurant. I sauteed it with zucchini, tomatoes and tarragon. It was wonderful and I will be cooking with it more.
  • TinaOsborneRN
    TinaOsborneRN Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    GREAT idea Don't Eat Me!! I did a 21-Day cleanse recently and ate a bunch of veggies I've never even heard of before! One was Kobach squash. It was delicious! Another was fennel bulb. I then added the fennel to a roasted root medley recipe that I got from the cleanse (the Ultimate Reset). It has beets, carrots, fennel bulb, and sweet potatoes. Absolutely delicious!!

I will work on adding two more veggies though. Thank you for posting this!

Tina
  • TinaOsborneRN
    Options
    Today was the first day I cooked fennel. I had it once before in a restaurant. I sauteed it with zucchini, tomatoes and tarragon. It was wonderful and I will be cooking with it more.

Sounds great ceeegeee!!
  • Dont_Eat_Me
    Dont_Eat_Me Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Sauerkraut- serving size 1/4cup- 5 cals 1 carb.

Made this for my first meal of the day sided with 4oz of turkey kielbasa.

Yummy meal- Been many years since having sauerkraut but know researching the benefits, I will be eating more of it.
  • TinaOsborneRN
    Options
    Sauerkraut- serving size 1/4cup- 5 cals 1 carb.

Made this for my first meal of the day sided with 4oz of turkey kielbasa.

Yummy meal- Been many years since having sauerkraut but know researching the benefits, I will be eating more of it.

Interesting...:) That sounds like more of a mid-day meal, but I bet I was good!