Question for all moms ?!?!?

Options
Hey mama's,

I am wondering how old are the little ones ? Are you trying to lose weight after having your first child or are you a pro at this and this is your 3rd, 4th & + time around ?
Personally, this is my 2nd time aiming at a big weight loss goal but my 1st time trying to lose weight after a child. I have one son with my husband, he is turning 9 months in a couple weeks and I must say..losing weight after a child and a c-section is MUCH harder than I imagined after losing 75 lbs a few years before I had my son like it was nothing ! I lost those 75 lbs in a summers time, just a few short months and now... I am struggling after almost 9 months after my son is born..to lose this weight.
I am new to MFP but I have lost 20-25 lbs since my son was born and that came off like nothing within the first 2 months after I gave birth. The longer it gets, the harder it is but I am not giving up ! And after some very great tips and tricks and how eliminating calories alone and basic cardio will leave me standing still.. I have a much better outlook on things and ready to begin my REAL journey to weight loss with a new mind frame for a new body !! My husband is currently deployed and has been for the last month now. I want to look amazing by the time he comes back and I am starting today with a new look on things. Wish me luck ! I wish you all luck ! I want to lose 60 lbs in 7 months, while continuing to exclusively breastfeed my son and keeping a healthy milk supply. I believe I can do this !! New beautiful, confident, and sexy me, here I come !! :bigsmile:

Replies

• Filaree
    Options
    Hey mama's,

I am wondering how old are the little ones ? Are you trying to lose weight after having your first child or are you a pro at this and this is your 3rd, 4th & + time around ?
    Personally, this is my 2nd time aiming at a big weight loss goal but my 1st time trying to lose weight after a child. I have one son with my husband, he is turning 9 months in a couple weeks and I must say..losing weight after a child and a c-section is MUCH harder than I imagined after losing 75 lbs a few years before I had my son like it was nothing ! I lost those 75 lbs in a summers time, just a few short months and now... I am struggling after almost 9 months after my son is born..to lose this weight.
    I am new to MFP but I have lost 20-25 lbs since my son was born and that came off like nothing within the first 2 months after I gave birth. The longer it gets, the harder it is but I am not giving up ! And after some very great tips and tricks and how eliminating calories alone and basic cardio will leave me standing still.. I have a much better outlook on things and ready to begin my REAL journey to weight loss with a new mind frame for a new body !! My husband is currently deployed and has been for the last month now. I want to look amazing by the time he comes back and I am starting today with a new look on things. Wish me luck ! I wish you all luck ! I want to lose 60 lbs in 7 months, while continuing to exclusively breastfeed my son and keeping a healthy milk supply. I believe I can do this !! New beautiful, confident, and sexy me, here I come !! :bigsmile:

Hi! I watched my mom and sister struggle with their weight most of my life and was determined I would eat when I was hungry, stop when I was full & love my body even if it didn't look like a model's. HA! That was all fine and well in my teens when I DID look like a model (though I got sick of people telling me to GAIN weight when I WAS healthy). I had my first son 12 years ago at age 22 I put on about 40 pounds (going from 110lbs to 150). The weight came off slowly; but it was steady and without much thought or effort. After about a year I was down to 120lbs.
    Then a few years later I started working a desk job and my weight started climbing. I was up to 155 give or take 2 pounds. In the 8 years since then my weight has yo-yo'd quite a lot. Going up to 150 and down to 120. I have NEVER dieted other than just watching what I eat (cutting back on sodas - didn't help but limiting fast food & eating better did). However I fluctuate a lot on exercising. That is probably why I have been able to lose weight some times and why it creeps back on other times. Sure doesn't feel like it at the time, weight loss always seems to come impossibly slow from exercising from me; but I sure do gain when I stop. Anyways, I had a second son in August of this year. I was already 145 when I GOT pregnant, but because I had so much morning sickness while I was pregnant and because for the first few weeks after he was born I was too tired to get up and cook anything so I was living on cereal, I dropped down to 142 in just 3 weeks after he was born (I was 162 when I went into labor). This is my first day on MyFitnessPal. I don't have the handy dandy smart phones most people here have to keep track; but I am online A LOT so I am hoping this will still work for me.
    I noticed it had been 2 months since your post and I can't help but wonder how it's going for you. Are you an inspiration or do you need a little more motivation yourself? If your doing well please come back and let us know. If you fell behind your goals a bit don't give up! You can still reach them. :) Best of luck to you momma!
  • Hey mama's,

Hi! I watched my mom and sister struggle with their weight most of my life and was determined I would eat when I was hungry, stop when I was full & love my body even if it didn't look like a model's. HA! That was all fine and well in my teens when I DID look like a model (though I got sick of people telling me to GAIN weight when I WAS healthy). I had my first son 12 years ago at age 22 I put on about 40 pounds (going from 110lbs to 150). The weight came off slowly; but it was steady and without much thought or effort. After about a year I was down to 120lbs.
    Then a few years later I started working a desk job and my weight started climbing. I was up to 155 give or take 2 pounds. In the 8 years since then my weight has yo-yo'd quite a lot. Going up to 150 and down to 120. I have NEVER dieted other than just watching what I eat (cutting back on sodas - didn't help but limiting fast food & eating better did). However I fluctuate a lot on exercising. That is probably why I have been able to lose weight some times and why it creeps back on other times. Sure doesn't feel like it at the time, weight loss always seems to come impossibly slow from exercising from me; but I sure do gain when I stop. Anyways, I had a second son in August of this year. I was already 145 when I GOT pregnant, but because I had so much morning sickness while I was pregnant and because for the first few weeks after he was born I was too tired to get up and cook anything so I was living on cereal, I dropped down to 142 in just 3 weeks after he was born (I was 162 when I went into labor). This is my first day on MyFitnessPal. I don't have the handy dandy smart phones most people here have to keep track; but I am online A LOT so I am hoping this will still work for me.
    I noticed it had been 2 months since your post and I can't help but wonder how it's going for you. Are you an inspiration or do you need a little more motivation yourself? If your doing well please come back and let us know. If you fell behind your goals a bit don't give up! You can still reach them. :) Best of luck to you momma!

Nice to meet you and thank you for the comment :)

I have never been on a diet either, I have tried cutting soda out and that's it but I always go back to it for a short amount of time !!
    Unfortunately lol but who's perfect, right ?!?
    Your baby is BEAUTIFUL I see your photo and you look so sweet I love the new baby look/meeting with mom in hospital it is such a miracle. I wish the best of luck to you on a journey and I see you have been up and down like me. Since I was young I have yo-yo'd a lot !!

About my absence, I have been struck with some bad news recently and it has hit my family hard and I have fallen off of that ladder I was climbing but I am back now !! My mother has been diagnosed with stage 4 uterine cancer and with taking her 60 miles away to a cancer center 5 times a week and chemo as well, its very hard to focus on myself when lately all of my attention has been on my son and my sick mother. My husband is deployed so this is really all I have been doing and I want to try and throw me in the mix as well. You asked me if I am an inspiration or if I need motivation myself.. I feel like we all do every once in a while. I was doing so good and sometimes things just happen where you have to take some time off from yourself and help someone else. In this case its the woman who gave me life so I feel so good to do it. But I'm going to do me now too, Because I realized... I cant take care of my family if I'm not okay !! I'm back to myself again and believing that we will overcome this obstacle in no time. :)