Great keto veggies?

Options
I've been keto-ing for about two weeks, and so far I'm eating a lot of cucumbers and green beans... and that's about it.
I'm trying to work more spinach/letture/arugula in through salads. I'm not a hug fan of broccoli and dislike cauliflower.

What keto-friendly veggies can I add to my diet? Are there any veggies that would go well with a breakfast of bacon or sausage?

Thanks!

Replies

• Bill_from_Philly
    Options
    mushrooms, cabbage, squash, eggplant are all decent from a net carb pov. I wasn't a huge fan of broccoli and cauliflower either, until I realized that on keto you can have them with a big slab of butter..now it's not so bad.
  • chrssyeldridge
    chrssyeldridge Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I know you said you don’t like cauliflower but have you tried making the fake mashed "potato's"?? You can add all kinds of delish things to the cauliflower to make it taste great. Also roasting it in the over with some olive oil makes it have better flavor. I HATE cauliflower raw I think its pretty gross that way!!

Do you like zucchini? Roasted and raw it is pretty good. Spaghetti squash is pretty good too and low in carbs :)

For breakfast bell peppers, tomatos and avacado in an omlet are fantastic..
  • jacolys
    jacolys Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    So I love cauliflower and will eat a whole head raw. But, my brother (who lives with me) hates it and won't touch it when I make it. I found a roasted cauliflower recipe that is awesome and he loves it! Will literally eat the whole batch if I let him! http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/roasted_cauliflower/

On a side note, the veggies listed above are all good choices :)
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I love fresh asparagus with eggs for breakfast.
  • AKbluedragonfly
    AKbluedragonfly Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I never knew I loved red cabbage until going keto. cabbage, garlic, onion, and sausage fried up together in butter or coconut oil is THE BEST.
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • dickymint678
    dickymint678 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    A "taste the difference" type coleslaw is a recent and tasty part of my breakfasts.
  • 56waukazoo_KD
    Options
    bump
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I second the cauli mash. I don't like regular cauliflower but I mash it up and add some butter and cheese and it makes it edible for me.
  • Malcah1
    Malcah1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Try experimenting with different types of squash. Add onions and spinach to your omelettes! Maybe if you season the cauliflower well with butter and Mrs. Dash to make it more palatable.:smile: