Tri season is pretty much over

Options
secretlobster
secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
At least here in New England, all the outdoor triathlons are over. Are you going to continue doing any indoor triathlons this autumn/winter? Or is it outdoors-or-nothing for you?

I don't think I would enjoy an indoor tri.

Replies

• scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Outdoors or nothing for me. I don't even like pool swim tris really.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Last year I had a late HIM in December and after that transitioned straight into running season. In So Cal we have a bunch of 1/2 and full Marathons during the winter/early spring.

This year I plan on taking the next 6 months off to concentrate on getting back into the gym and just maintaining my sbr fitness and then going back into my 6 month training phase for IMAZ 2013.
  • scott091501
    Options
    Last year I had a late HIM in December and after that transitioned straight into running season. In So Cal we have a bunch of 1/2 and full Marathons during the winter/early spring.

This year I plan on taking the next 6 months off to concentrate on getting back into the gym and just maintaining my sbr fitness and then going back into my 6 month training phase for IMAZ 2013.

It's like this here in Texas too. I have a HIM on Nov. 3rd then I'm taking a month off and then the 20 weeks leading into IMTX starts. GAH!!!!
  • Drudoo
    Drudoo Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I am yet to make up my mind what my next tri will be. I may just have to do IMTX just to meet Scott there and race him to the finish!
  • scott091501
    Options
    I am yet to make up my mind what my next tri will be. I may just have to do IMTX just to meet Scott there and race him to the finish!

LOL. The more people out there frying the merrier.
  • blaquebutterfly75
    blaquebutterfly75 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I have one more tri in October then it's straight into half-marathon training for the Houston Half-Marathon in January.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I am starting Insanity on October 1st. Probably do 2 rounds of that this winter.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I have one more tri in October then it's straight into half-marathon training for the Houston Half-Marathon in January.

Great plan! At least in TX you get more time with the warm weather :)
  • Drudoo
    Drudoo Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    True, but then you live in Texas, the armpit of Amuuuuricaaaaa.
  • blaquebutterfly75
    blaquebutterfly75 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    True, but then you live in Texas, the armpit of Amuuuuricaaaaa.

Hey, hey, hey, now ..... :angry: :tongue:
  • kwajrunner
    kwajrunner Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    One more tri for me this season. Anyone else doing Santa Rosa?
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I'm in New England too. So disappointed that I can't get in one more tri. Did a HM last weekend, and have two more scheduled for Nov. Possibly another in Feb; we'll see about that one.
  • Terra99
    Terra99 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well some of you might call it the armpit of America, but down here in Houston, it's pretty much appropriate for year round outdoor events. Olympic Tri this weekend (weather permitting, they might make it a duathlon due to rain), Half Marathon I'm doing end of October, and I've also got a 70.3, 20k mud run and a full marathon before the year is done.