Stage 1 Results

SteAnnMui
SteAnnMui Posts: 129 Member
I started Stage 1 bouncing around between 180 and 178 lbs, and am finishing it bouncing around between 176 ish and 175.4 lbs.

I've lost inches though! And I do see a difference in my body, especially my legs.

Chest: 1" lost
Waist: 2.5" lost
Hips: 2" lost
Arms: .5" lost while relaxed, but they are the same while flexed.
Thighs: 2.5" lost

For weight I did have increases on everything but squats. I don't have a squat rack and wasn't sure how to get the barbell up and onto my shoulders safely so I stuck to doing them at 30 lbs. Push ups I still do on an incline but I feel much steadier and am ready to lower the incline a bit. I also got much better at doing lunges, I always had trouble finishing them.

And my husband said it was fine if I got a HRM, so now I can see how much I am really burning during my work outs :)

Replies

• perfect10isha
    perfect10isha Posts: 200 Member
    Awesome results, especially the waist and thighs! It's refreshing to see fellow heavy lifters with measurable results.

What were your final weights for the other moves, and how many calories were you consuming in stage 1?
  • SteAnnMui
    My weights were pretty pitiful, I'm warning you ;) I'm not as in shape as I was before I had my daughter.

Squats only 30 lbs because I don't have a squat rack and I wasn't sure how to get anything heavier up onto my shoulders without injuring myself.
    Push-ups on incline, on the 3rd step of my stairs.
    Seated Row 85 lbs (started at 75?)
    Step-ups with 15 lb dumbbells (started at 8)
    Deadlift 50 lbs (started at 30)
    Shoulder press 15 lb dumbbells (started at 8)
    Lat Pulldown 85 lbs (started at 50)
    Lunge 15 lb dumbbells

I found jackknives and crunches fairly easy, I think I should have put a plate on my chest while doing the crunches for more of a challenge.
  • SteAnnMui
    Forgot to add about the calories! I eat 1500 on non lifting days and around 1800 on lifting days. The calculation in the book had me doing 2000 on non lifting and 2300 on lifting and I didn't feel comfortable going that high. I played around with calories for awhile and I found I do best at this level. Anything more I tend to use bad foods to fill in the extra and anything less I don't feel like I'm getting as much as I should.

Some days I'm over, some I'm under. It's never perfect. I pretty much always go over on fat because I love eggs for breakfast.
  • My weights were pretty pitiful, I'm warning you ;) I'm not as in shape as I was before I had my daughter.

Squats only 30 lbs because I don't have a squat rack and I wasn't sure how to get anything heavier up onto my shoulders without injuring myself.
    Push-ups on incline, on the 3rd step of my stairs.
    Seated Row 85 lbs (started at 75?)
    Step-ups with 15 lb dumbbells (started at 8)
    Deadlift 50 lbs (started at 30)
    Shoulder press 15 lb dumbbells (started at 8)
    Lat Pulldown 85 lbs (started at 50)
    Lunge 15 lb dumbbells

I found jackknives and crunches fairly easy, I think I should have put a plate on my chest while doing the crunches for more of a challenge.

Your weights are not pityful. You look to have improved a lot.

Congrats on your inches & pounds lost!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Great job!
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Awesome!! Well done! I would be ecstatic!
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 574 Member
    Improvement is improvement! Your weights and measurements are awesome!!!
  • TraeP
    TraeP Posts: 68 Member
    Awesome, I haven't started yet as I'm still reading and haven't yet reached that part of the book, but seriously thinking about kinda skipping ahead and getting started, not sure about that though. But reading your results has given me hope that it can be done and also some encouragement to get it done. You did an awesome job!!!
  • SteAnnMui
    Thanks guys :) Considering I missed workouts due to some unplanned things (or shortened by my daughter waking up from a nap early), I'm happy that I came as far as I did.
  • melissaw1232
    melissaw1232 Posts: 184 Member
    2.5 lost in your waist!!!! Id kill for those types of numbers! LMAO!
    Obviously you challenged your body with the weights that you used - Dont compare your weights to anyone elses cuz you ROCKED IT!!!

Awesome job. Alwyn would be proud :drinker:
  • navydentalchic
    navydentalchic Posts: 234 Member

Awesome results! What about dumbell squats? One in each hand?:flowerforyou:
  • kmsairam
    kmsairam Posts: 317 Member
    Congrats!! Those are great results and a real measurable improvement. That's amazing just a few pounds, but LOTS of inches. Really goes to show you that muscle takes up less space than fat. You must feel great. Are you psyched for Stage 2/a change in pace? Are you taking a full week off? Are you doing AMRAPS? :)
  • Great Job! I can only hope to have excellent results like you!! Keep it up!
  • Forgot to add, I drag my husband downstairs on days I have to do squats so he can help me with the bar. Just a suggestion if you workout at home and if your hubby can help you!
  • SteAnnMui
    Thanks, melissaw1232! I probably lost inches fairly easy since I'm already quite big. Looking at my old workout journal is depressing. I was so much smaller before getting pregnant!

navydentalchi, since I'm in stage 2 now I'm using two 15lb dumbbells for the squat push press and I have 20 lb ones so I'll be able to move up a little more this time :) Might even have to buy some new weights.

kmsairam, I'm 3 workouts into stage 2 and I love it! I've already started seeing new lows in my weight. I didn't take a week off because I felt I didn't deserve it as I couldn't work out 3 days a week all the time. I did the AMRAPs but not always, usually missed them on lunge days since those killed me. I've gotten much better at them now though.

curlygirly80, thanks! He works out of town and is only home for a few days every two weeks so he's only really here for a workout or two.
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Congratulations!!! :)
  • SteAnnMui
    Thanks Karen :) Also thanks for showing me this group so I can talk with other people also doing this program.