Work out 5.

Options
I am in decent shape - I finished Ripped in 30 right before BR and am well-acquainted with most of JM's other videos, but Circuit 3 of Workout 5 KILLS me. I can't even do the second set. I've been substituting the cable punches with squat thrusts (I figure I'm at least using my shoulders that way) because I mostly end up just staring at the screen, unable to move my arms. I'm also totally unable to do the second set of the crab raises, even with both feet on the ground. OUCH. And the lying tricep presses - I can't do them at all. It's too awkward - I substitute with the move (I don't know the name!) where you go from your elbows up to plank and back down.

Anyone else struggling with this? I can't even imagine how hard the rest of the shoulder/tris workouts are!!!!

Replies

• skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Just keep at it and it will get better! I also have trouble with the crab dips. I can't leave my leg up the whole time. I also have trouble keeping my balance with the one-legged squat, I fall all over the place. I decided to do another cycle of 5/6 and perfect the moves before i move on. Not sure how to help you with the side lying triceps one, do you try using your obliques to help get you up? I must say the exercises work because my triceps are looking pretty good!
  • mamie01
    Options
    Workout 5 is tough!! I feel like my shoulders are going to rip right off...definitely into some major super sets in this workout. Once you get past this workout, she has moves like the ones you do in this series, but not back to back where you are screaming at her (ok, well at least I scream at her :smile: ). I have to say, the moves work (even if you have to modify) as I have arm muscles that I never had before...keep it up!
  • askthedust
    Options
    I actually am pretty good at the single leg squats - I like all the balance exercises because those, I can do :)
    I am also good at plank stuff - I have never used cables before, so maybe that's why I find them so hard.
    The pressups, I couldn't do in RI30 either. I don't think I am doing them correctly or something.
  • sweetd_cali
    sweetd_cali Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I detest the crab dips! I feel somehow that my arms aren't even, no matter how I adjust them. It sometimes feels like my elbows are going to pop out ! I can manage a few with my leg up, then spend the rest of the time just holding myself up and that burns enough :)