Did I just do a reset?

Options
DaNae9402
DaNae9402 Posts: 61 Member
I started MFP on 1500 calories/day and lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks. Then, stopped! After trying to make adjustments, I was left confused as to why I couldn't lose any more. I've read the sticky about a reset, but thought I'd just take a break and then go back to my 1500. Well, I've continued logging but eating like a crazy person. I've averaged 2500 cals plus for about 2 weeks. At first I gained 5 pounds, but today I weighed and I've lost 4 of those pounds. Final results=Gained only 1 pound after eating bunches for 2 weeks. My measurements have stayed the same, but I feel a little bloated.

Did I do a reset?

This means my maintenance calories are actually higher than the calculators suggest. I'm still trying to figure out my own body, but I'm excited that maybe this means that I don't have to cut down as much as I thought. I'm going to try 2400 calories for a few days and see if I start losing.

Any suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated. I'm new to this!

Replies

• SweatpantsRebellion
    Options
    If you want to find your true TDEE I'd suggest staying at the 2500 that is working for you for at least a few more weeks to be sure. Two weeks is not enough time to really know if this is true maintenance. But if you go a full four weeks and maintain at that number, then I'd say you've found your maintenance number. Good luck!
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    If you want to find your true TDEE I'd suggest staying at the 2500 that is working for you for at least a few more weeks to be sure. Two weeks is not enough time to really know if this is true maintenance. But if you go a full four weeks and maintain at that number, then I'd say you've found your maintenance number. Good luck!
    ^^^this^^^