soup

Options
mjj79
mjj79 Posts: 415 Member
So, does anyone know if any canned soups are SB friendly? I think i'm getting sick and don't really feel like making homemade right now.

Replies

• ErnestinesMom
    Options
    You could do one of two things since you are not feeling well. Use a canned stock or broth (low sodium) so you can add your own ... and then add veggies and protein...(like rotissiere chicken breast or whatever you can find at the market that would work)...and then you have kinda homemade soup.

Or just look for canned that is as low sodium as possible with all the SB kinda ingredients.

Main thing is for you to start feeling better as quickly as you can...your team at home needs you.

Drink lots of hot tea, as well.
  • ErnestinesMom
    Options
    Last night I made my own soup...chicken veggie. It was really easy. I do make a lot of poached chicken to have on hand. And I read that you can shred it for chop it up and freeze it...I googled it just to be sure. (So I will freeze a few of these boneless skinless chicken breasts to have for next week).

Anyway, back to my soup...

Chicken stock
    pre cooked poached chicken chopped
    fresh: mushrooms, celery, carrots (not on P1...but chicken soup without carrots? :sad: ) onions, green beans...

Man, was it good and filling...it will be great when we can add brown rice or whole wheat pasta...I love it.

Beans are another thing to add, but I had already had hummus yesterday, so passed on the beans.

Anyway, it was a quick meal...easy and very SB. :drinker:
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Nanc, your soup sounds lovely ..... I make something similar each week ...... this week's had a lot of kale in it & a small amount of white beans thrown in ..... it was pretty good & quite filling :drinker:

Have to foodshop soon, need to restock veggies ..... thinking of making ratatouille .....

Hope everyone has a beachy day !

Mary Ann
  • ErnestinesMom
    Options
    Nanc, your soup sounds lovely ..... I make something similar each week ...... this week's had a lot of kale in it & a small amount of white beans thrown in ..... it was pretty good & quite filling :drinker:

Have to foodshop soon, need to restock veggies ..... thinking of making ratatouille .....

Hope everyone has a beachy day !

Mary Ann

Our soup sounds similar cuz I GOT THE IDEA FROM YOU, DOLLY! I am having more tonight...yum yum...with cannellini beans...and maybe a dusting of parm/reggiano.

Most of us are in the home stretch...yay...let's hear it for F R U I T! :bigsmile: :love: :laugh: