Start with larger cut then move to small or vice versa??

So I wouldn't say I have a ton to lose. I'm now at the end of reset, and I would like to lose about 3 inches from my hips and 2 from my thighs. I'd like to go down about two pant sizes (since I gained a size on reset).

I'm hearing that cut should be smaller as one gets closer to goal. But I've also heard it's good to start with a small cut.

So, should I start with 20% and move to 10%?

Or start with 10% and move to 20%?

Or "cycle"?

Replies

• maltipink
    maltipink Posts: 147 Member
    I personally started with the smaller cut. That way I could see if I was able to lose with only cutting 10%. I wanted to eat as much as possible and lose.
  • If you are close to goal, then sticking with a 10% cut is recommended. Some people even do a 5% cut. Definitely start with a smaller cut. It gives you wiggle room to increase a bit if you need to.
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    I did a 15% cut.. and got nowhere.. I went back up to TDEE for a break and am cutting again.. this time I am going barely 10%
  • bellabrite
    bellabrite Posts: 89 Member
    Well, logically it sure makes sense to me to start with a smaller one. I was just wondering if there was some sort of body reaction I didn't know about since I seem to learn new things every day around here! Oh well, all I can do is try. It's not like I'm going to be "wasting" any time since I will learn from everything I do.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    I'm close to goal and only doing 10% cut. I have a fitbit so I cut from what it says I burned the day before and eat that. I like the sounds of a 5% cut so might start that soon. I've done very well with 10% though and I love being able to eat so much instead of the 1200 plus exercise calories I ate back.
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Smaller cut=more food:) That's how I handle things, lol