yasso yogurt bars

Options
mjj79
mjj79 Posts: 415 Member
Any idea if these are allowed on phase 1? They are 70 cals, o fat, 12 carbs and 6 protein.

Replies

• determinedhealthy
    determinedhealthy Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I personally have never heard of them. So after googling them if I looked up the same thing you are referring to they are a frozen yogurt bar. They have fruit and don't list the sugar so probably not allowed, but you should be safe with them on phase 2. They look yummy!
  • ErnestinesMom
    Options
    Sugar is in the ingredients...so I would say nope, not allowed on SBD. We stay clear of added sugar.

Taken from the website...the strawberry bar:

INGREDIENTS: Nonfat Milk, Greek Yogurt (nonfat milk with live active cultures), Stabilized Strawberry Puree (strawberry puree, sugar, water, natural flavor, pectin, citric acid), Sugar, Milk Protein Concentrate, Nonfat Dry Milk, Stabilizer (guar gum, locust bean gum, carrageean), Soy Lecithin.

Once we can have fruit,. I make my own...greek yogurt and frozen strawberries or whatever fruit you wish. I use splenda to sweeten it up. Personal preference.
  • mjj79
    Options
    Thanks ladies!
  • ErnestinesMom
    Options
    Any idea if these are allowed on phase 1? They are 70 cals, o fat, 12 carbs and 6 protein.

Mj, I am going to go back to this for a minute if that's ok.

South Beach Diet teaches us to stay clear of white sugar, flour, rice and potatoes. So that is why I said it would not be allowed. Now, I get that we are all (well, I am ) in search of a something that smacks of ICE CREAM...for me, a more perfect food there cannot be.

The Healthy Choice Fudge bars work for me, no added sugar. And I make a diet coke float with them when I need a fix. Take the bar off the stick ...into a glass, add coke or whatever diet soda you like and ENJOY! :drinker:

Also, you an make your own like I said with yogurt and frozen fruit.

There are some ice cream recipes around using skim milk and approved ingredients, using an ice cream maker...like a cuisinart.

Now, if none of that floats your boat...once we get into P2, there are Skinny Cow treats...but u have to look for the No Sugar Added ones.

If sugar is an issue with you or anyone (it is with me...it totally causes inflammation in our bodies...and for me that means pain in my already very sad knees)...then avoiding food or treats with added sugar is the best way to go.

Keeping in mind this is a lifestyle and not a diet to go on and off...occasional treats are fine. Look for spikes in insulin that would cause cravings.

I am NOT the food police ... (I hated it when I was "ticketed" by them in the past)...and I am not doing that to anyone else. So just be cautious with sweet treats is all I am saying.

Hope something in there helps you and anyone in our group, passing by. :flowerforyou:
  • mjj79
    Options
    Very good advice! THank you :)