Eating habits...food triggers

Options
Butlavie
Butlavie Posts: 46 Member
Hello everyone I am fast approaching 5 months out..:)..I can eat almost anything I want to but I just make sure I eat in small portions. I cant eat pasta unless I eat it really slow..no bread for me..I talked to my nutritionist because I started back to what I called tasting everything...those no no foods (chips cookies and candy). So she told me to make sure I zone in on my food stressors. I am glad that I had the surgery and health has improved greatly but I see now why I did gain the weight . I eat when I'm hungry, sad, mad...so now before I eat anything I am attempting to take 5 minutes and write in my journal...its working so far...

thanks for reading..just wanted to share!!

Replies

• minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    the journal is a great idea. I have never been an emotional eater, but I sometimes eat when I'm bored. My go to filler junk food is popcorn. I suppose it could be worse but I think I'll try and find a way to avoid falling back into this bad habit, thanks for the inspiration.
  • gspea
    gspea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Journaling has never been my strong point. But I do agree - I can eat for ANY reason - bored \ sad \ happy - three that really trigger the eating. Since lapband surgery (6/28/12) I am quickly learning this is not good for my pouch. And it is an eyeopener for me to realize this. MFP has helped in that I am logging everything and visually see waht I have eaten for the day. I have started some - logging my day early that morning so I can know what to eat and what is available if I feel I need it.

And Share away... :happy: