Need some advice....

carriea67
carriea67 Posts: 181 Member
Hi Everyone!

I have been a follower of EM2WL for about 3 months and I am a believer. But I think that I am calculating my calories & workout level incorrectly.

I have been slotting myself at a moderate exercise level per scooby and eating daily calories of 1872 (10% cut). Here's my workout:
Mon-Fri - Crossfit esque plan for about 45 minutes - typical workout is: Deadlifts 20x; pushups for 30 sec; Front Squats with barbell press - 20x; jumping jacks for 30 sec - 3 Rounds; moving at a decent clip. I am also trying to add 30-45 minutes of yoga to the plan.

This is a recent change to my exercise program but I met with the trainer who recommended upping the intensity of my workouts because I wasn't seeing results of long cardio or traditional lifting sessions.

So I am thinking because my workouts are shorter - I should back down to lighter or because they are higher intensity should I hold true to 1800 and play with my macros. (The trainer recommended changing my percentages to 40% protein; 30% carbs; 30% fat).

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Carrie

Replies

• Kristan_Forsey
    Kristan_Forsey Posts: 103 Member
    To me it sounds like you are still working out plenty to leave your level as moderate. I would play with macros. If you are looking to build muscle I would suggests higher on the protein than 40%.