I have a date tonight..

Options
La_Amazona
La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
With a set up by a friend. The friend knows us both, but more casually? I've hung out with her maybe 3 times and he's hung out with her group once or twice.
From pics I've seen, he's a cutie and my "type". He's seen a handful of pics of me. He's called several nights in a row and we've chatted for long periods of time. He texts good morning too. :bigsmile:

I'm super duper nervous!!! We are going to a Happy Hour tonight.

This is my 1st real set up date and it feels like this scary unknown territory.

Replies

• castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    Have fun!! If you can talk to him easily on the phone chances are you'll be able to talk easily in person as well. Kudos, by the way - you're braver than I am (or maybe it's just that my friends aren't very good matchmakers!):drinker:
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    Have fun!! If you can talk to him easily on the phone chances are you'll be able to talk easily in person as well. Kudos, by the way - you're braver than I am (or maybe it's just that my friends aren't very good matchmakers!):drinker:

It's funny... I have asked friends before and nothing. Suddenly I have this guy and my sis and her hub know of another fella "that'd be perfect".

I guess this is no different than an online date. We def can conversate easy, he even mentioned that last night. We have similar beliefs and the way we were brought up so it's nice to have that out of the way already.
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options

It's funny... I have asked friends before and nothing. Suddenly I have this guy and my sis and her hub know of another fella "that'd be perfect".

I guess this is no different than an online date. We def can conversate easy, he even mentioned that last night. We have similar beliefs and the way we were brought up so it's nice to have that out of the way already.

That should make things a little easier. Good luck, and let me know how it goes!
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    good luck...hope you have a great time!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Hope it goes great!
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    Gracias!!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Good luck.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options

I believe higher value is placed on these types of dates as opposed to random online dates.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    LOL enjoy .. Dont do anything I wouldn't do (which lets face it still gives you lots of wiggle room) Let us know how it goes
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    EEEEEEEEK! I am excited for you!!! Definitely keep us posted! And I know I don't have to tell you to have fun ..lol

True story: I went on a set up date once when I first graduated from high school .. which was a LONG time ago .. anyway .. we went to dinner with my cousin and her husband, a double date setup. The boy committed suicide the day after our date. Never went on one again. lol. She later told me she set him up to try and cheer him up.
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    EEEEEEEEK! I am excited for you!!! Definitely keep us posted! And I know I don't have to tell you to have fun ..lol

True story: I went on a set up date once when I first graduated from high school .. which was a LONG time ago .. anyway .. we went to dinner with my cousin and her husband, a double date setup. The boy committed suicide the day after our date. Never went on one again. lol. She later told me she set him up to try and cheer him up.

Uh thanks, for the pep talk... :ohwell:

:tongue:
  • La_Amazona
    Options

I believe higher value is placed on these types of dates as opposed to random online dates.

But we've never met before... the only thing we have in common is this chick we barely knows. She just knew he was single, and so am I.

I have a POF date with a guy that I'm actually excited about. He and I chatted a bit before Hulk and I went exclusive. I liked him but Hulk took over. I was honest with him and told him I had decided to see someone exclusively.

He popped back up this time around and he gave me slack for it but we're talking again. He's a tall one!! :love:
  • Jennifer2387
    Options

Uh thanks, for the pep talk... :ohwell:

:tongue:

LOL .. I know right! Sorry!
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    The boy committed suicide the day after our date. Never went on one again. lol.

lol?
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

O__________O;
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

:noway: Wait, whaaaat!??? I could see how that would be traumatizing! :noway:
  • Jennifer2387
    Options

:noway: Wait, whaaaat!??? I could see how that would be traumatizing! :noway:

I know. I didn't mean to take the thread over .. but yeh .. true freaking story. We went to Red Lobster and saw a movie. I think about him every now and again.
    lol?

Not lol that he committed suicide ..

lol .. that I never went on a blind date ever again.
    lol .. as in .. holy *kitten*.
    lol .. as in *I know right* ..

not lol that it was funny .. totally did not mean that!
  • jesusHchris
    Options
    not lol that it was funny .. totally did not mean that!

A nervous type-laugh. :)
  • Jennifer2387
    Options

A nervous type-laugh. :)

EXACTLY! I almost typed lol again ..

Hey .. what is that tattoo on the center of your stomach? The round one.
  • jesusHchris
    Options
    Hey .. what is that tattoo on the center of your stomach? The round one.

An original drawing based on the Sigl of Baphomet, which is a modern Satanic symbol pieced together from some older occult imagery.

How's THAT for a threadjack?