How do I eat all of this protein...?

CariBgood
CariBgood Posts: 88 Member
I have made the change. I'm supposed to eat 2400 calories per day. How in the heck do I make 40% of them healthy protein?:smile:

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Make your protein your highest number in your macro list.. plan your meals ahead of time and eat things that are higher in protein.. Every meal you eat should contain some form of protein and your snacks should be protein heavy. Its mostly planning meals and try to avoid the grab and go stuff.
  • RJ74
    RJ74 Posts: 37 Member
    I had the same question when I started. It does seem like an overwhelming number. :ohwell: I use protein shakes (but I can only handle one a day and even then they sometimes make my stomach hurt), greek yogurt is delicious and high in protein, cottage cheese, regular cheese, chicken, eggs, tuna/any fish. I don't always hit the amount I'm supposed to, but I usually get to over 100. Hope that helps! Good luck!
  • timvet
    timvet Posts: 114 Member
    I was having the same issue, but I do 2 protein shakes and add flax seed to them in addition to chia seed. Usually 1 tbs of each. I eat greek yogurt, string cheese, chicken, fish, and lots of egg whites :wink:
  • jojo4cats
    jojo4cats Posts: 61 Member
    Protein shake powder, soymilk, beans, greek yogurt, lean meat....when you cook for all your meal and plan ahead, you will have no problem to consume enough protein :)
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Instead of eating 4-oz portions of lean meat and fish, increase your portion size. I'll usually eat anywhere from 5-7 ounces of chicken or fish and that helps a bunch!! Also, greek yogurt, cheese, eggs, cottage cheese, milk, turkey jerky....all are great sources of protein! But make sure you watch your sodium level too...sometimes the foods that are in protein are also loaded with sodium.
  • CariBgood
    CariBgood Posts: 88 Member
    Thanks so much. I have flax seed I'll have to pick up some chia seed. I have started integrating a protein shake and a protein bar as a snack. It has definitely helped me stay full longer.
  • I just posted the same question before I saw this. I am having a hard time with it. My strategy lately is to shoot for 100 g and just let the macros fall where they may. I'm pretty sure that's not the best approach, though :)