New on Here and need help with calorie intake

Options
Hello Ladies, after a lax summer it is time to take control again. I started a bootcamp class last week which I will be doing 3x's a week. On my first visit, they did an assessment. I weighed in at 124.8 and am comfortable at 119 so need to lose about 5 pounds. My body fat percentage came in at 25.6% which is the high end of Acceptable on the chart. I would like to get that to 21% to be at the high end of the Fitness category. Anyway, they told me to eat 1227 calories a day so I logged my food for a week and found that I am eating around 1700-1800 a day. I am not an over eating but I definitely am not eating the right things. I am still in snacking mode (candy and chips) which I plan to drop next Monday but I really need help choosing my meals right. I am not a huge veggie eater and I do not drink water. Tried but it just is not going to happen so don't even go there. Does anyone have any meal plans out there to help me make the right selections or meal replacements that would be good for breakfast and perhaps in the evening after my workouts. I am getting home each evening around 7:00pm. Thanks for your help.

Replies

• TKRV
    TKRV Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I would suggest finding ways to hide vegetables in food that you like to eat. For example, I just saw a recipe for a soup on Pinterest where they claimed you could replace the potatoes with cauliflower if you wanted less calories. I know you said not to touch vegetables, but they are one thing you can eat a ton of without also consuming a lot of calories. Maybe experiment with lesser known vegetables?
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I keep things like low-fat string cheese, yogurt, fruit, and stuff like that around for when I need a snack that's low on calories. Also oatmeal in the morning (or even at night) could be beneficial. Has you feeling full and only 160 calories.
  • steamboat072964
    Options
    Thanks ladies. I appreciate the advise.