NROL4W and Eating exercise Calories Back?

Hi I am 3 weeks into the NROL4W and on my non lifting days eat 1650 and on lifting days eat 2050 calories. My question is after I plug my foot into MFP should I be eating the exercise calories back. I ran my #'s thru the Scooby Calculator and my numbers are:

BMR- 1475
TDEE- 2029

It recommends that I eat 1623 calories to be at a 20% deficit from my TDEE. So now is that 1623 with or without my exercise calories? So confused right now!!:noway:

Replies

• Someone else may be able to back me up here (or not!) but I believe your 1623 takes exercise into account, meaning you won't be eating back calories (As long as you set the appropriate modifier for the exercise you get weekly)

For instance, my TDEE is set for lightly active and puts me at 1700 calories for a 20% reduction. I eat this daily regardless of whether I work out or not. It's just easier for me, plus I don't have a way of accurately determining my exercise calories. I've heard too that this method works well IF your exercise is consistent week to week.
  • woodsygirl
    woodsygirl Posts: 354 Member
    Pick either the book or the scoobyworkshop numbers, don't use both. I would suggest using TDEE, I think it is easier. If you are using TDEE, do not eat back exercise calories (simply log them as 1 calorie) because your TDEE already has that added in.