New to Paleo

Options
Hey everyone,
I just joined today. I am almost at the end of week two on 100% paleo! It's new to me and I am anxious about my first weigh on on Saturday! I am struggeling to keep variety in my diet, but I am NOT ever hungry! lol
Hoping I can get ideas for quick and easy meals and snacks! Look forward to getting to know everyone here!

Replies

• caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    Once you get used to eating this way, you'll discover tons of variety. This is a great little community of paleo peeps. Just post questions and you'll get answers. Feel free to add me. Open diary. I'm primal so you'll see a lot of dairy in my diet.
  • MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    pick a protein, some veggies and eat away :) It doesn't have to be complicated at all. As a dude, it is actually quite simple for me. I get a piece of meat and a couple veggies and I'm fine for dinner.
    eggs and bacon I could eat every day :)
  • aemoomoo
    aemoomoo Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    pick a protein, some veggies and eat away :) It doesn't have to be complicated at all. As a dude, it is actually quite simple for me. I get a piece of meat and a couple veggies and I'm fine for dinner.
    eggs and bacon I could eat every day :)

Do you eat bacon every day? I have been lately...I LOVE BACON. Just don't know if too much is a bad thing?
  • little_miss_panda
    Options
    I'm fairly new to it too, am doing more primal than paleo at the moment, and seeing how I get on, have gone with removing grains and legumes first, have kept dairy for now and will see how I get on, but I use low lactose forms of dairy (ie cheese, yogurt and whey protein isolate).

Mmm bacon....I think the only issue with it is it's quite high salt, no?
  • MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Bacon everyday isn't bad. But only buy good butcher bacon, minimally processed, low to no nitrates.
  • aemoomoo
    aemoomoo Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Bacon everyday isn't bad. But only buy good butcher bacon, minimally processed, low to no nitrates.

I buy uncured, no nitrate bacon from my local grocery store. Yes, the sodium is high but I drink at least 4 liters of water a day so I'm not sure that really matters.