Initial Test

Options
YoungDoc2B
YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
Where did everyone place? I got into level 3 the first time, and started week 1 day 1 yesterday. Going to continue on with day 2 tomorrow!

Replies

• phillips529
    phillips529 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm at level 1... I downloaded the app to my phone and it's pretty good. I also downloaded an app for pull ups and sit ups as well...so I'll be working them together. Thanks for starting the group!
  • Jose2828
    Options
    I completed the initial test got to 22 will start tomorrow AM. I will get bored with all those sets so will work my way up 10 100 using sets of three.
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Did 5 pushups - level 1
  • Jose2828
    Options
    I would recommed push bars or you could use dumbells to take the stress off your wrist.
  • phillips529
    Options
    I would recommed push bars or you could use dumbells to take the stress off your wrist.

Good idea...I'll try that tomorrow.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I hit level 3 in the test but I think I'll go with level 2 since I know how tough it gets around week 5 lol
  • Jose2828
    Options

Good idea...I'll try that tomorrow.

Let know how it works for you
  • bombecka19
    Options
    Okay so I'd first like to say I'm reasonably fit (Run/Swim/Cycle//Badminton/Thai Boxing) but my upper body strength sucks!! :sad: I used to be able to do 30 push-ups (like 4 years ago when I was training for the army)....however on the test I managed a depressing 2 :huh: didn't realise just how weak I'd got!

Shocking but shows why I'd decided to take on this challenge! I did something like this before but I went from 1 normal push up and then 19 girlie one's on my knees and each day I did an extra proper one and one less girlie one - that worked!

I've now completed day 1 and day 2 of the 100 Pushup Challenge and the top of my chest hurts, so I'm wondering whether to soldier on through and perhaps do week one a few times until I've built up a bit of strength :embarassed: or whether to revert to my old method until I can do 20 and then start the challenge again....mmm decisions decisions
  • waylandcool
    waylandcool Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Well I just did the initial test and managed 7 so I'm in group 2. I think I'll start the workout this weekend, Maybe Sunday since I have runs the next two days,
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Okay so I'd first like to say I'm reasonably fit (Run/Swim/Cycle//Badminton/Thai Boxing) but my upper body strength sucks!! :sad: I used to be able to do 30 push-ups (like 4 years ago when I was training for the army)....however on the test I managed a depressing 2 :huh: didn't realise just how weak I'd got!

Shocking but shows why I'd decided to take on this challenge! I did something like this before but I went from 1 normal push up and then 19 girlie one's on my knees and each day I did an extra proper one and one less girlie one - that worked!

I've now completed day 1 and day 2 of the 100 Pushup Challenge and the top of my chest hurts, so I'm wondering whether to soldier on through and perhaps do week one a few times until I've built up a bit of strength :embarassed: or whether to revert to my old method until I can do 20 and then start the challenge again....mmm decisions decisions

If you feel like you can't continue, definitely go back and repeat a week..this isn't a contest, we're all in here for a common goal (to gain strength). Good luck!
  • biglew909
    biglew909 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My first exhaustion test was August 9th. I did....5.

I've sandbagged a little since, but I just finished week 3 day 2 yesterday morning. I did 10,12,8,8 and a final set of 14 like a Baus!

It'll take me longer than 7 weeks, but I'll get to 100, no doubt.
  • Gracestar12
    Gracestar12 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Initial test result .... :blushing: 1 1/2.... that would make me in level 1
    Will start tomorrow
  • bombecka19
    Options
    Initial test result .... :blushing: 1 1/2.... that would make me in level 1
    Will start tomorrow

Yay I have a friend in the less than 5 catergory :flowerforyou: good luck :bigsmile: we'll be pumping out 100 before the end of the year I'm sure! (That may be dangerous as I can imagine it becoming my new party trick if I've had a drink!!)
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I started several months ago but as I couldnt do any military push ups and could barely even manage 3 on my knees I started doing them on the back of the couch :(. I didnt do the challenge for the back of the couch push ups I just done 10-20 a day to get a bit stronger. well it worked :D

My initial test (for on my knees) was completed on 4th sept ... I managed 14 Ive since done the 2nd exhaustion test at the end of week 2 and managed 29 then :D

Im about to start week 4 (on my knees) on the 1st oct .....
  • phillips529
    Options
    My first exhaustion test was August 9th. I did....5.

I've sandbagged a little since, but I just finished week 3 day 2 yesterday morning. I did 10,12,8,8 and a final set of 14 like a Baus!

It'll take me longer than 7 weeks, but I'll get to 100, no doubt.

Yes you will... I love your determination!
  • fitnewlife
    fitnewlife Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do the intial test today. I hope I'm not too late.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Nope, you're not too late. I'm waiting to start week one until Monday. Last time I tried this I found doing Monday, Wednesday, and friday worked out great because after day 3 each week the 2 days of rest is needed