Laser Therapy for Smoking Cessation

Options
diddyk
diddyk Posts: 269 Member
Hey Everyone, I apologize if this has been discussed. In February I managed to quit smoking with the patch. The patch was hard on my ability to exercise and I gained quite a bit of weight. I was smoke free for roughly 5 months and then stress took over my life and I started up again. I really would like to quit again, however don't want to give up my exercise for the patch.

I was wondering what everyone's thoughts on Laser Therapy are. Has anyone tried it? Did it work? Was it actually the laser therapy that helped or a mind over matter effect?

Replies

• rickthexpreacher
    rickthexpreacher Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of it. I can't believe it could be successful because what is the target to be lasered? Smoking is an addiction, just like heroin, cocaine, etc. and arguably only slightly less dangerous. You can zap all you like physically but that does nothing to overcome the addiction. Cold turkey is the way, the only way, even if masked by nicotine enhanced substitutes. I speak as a former smoker with 40 years experience of fine tuning my smoking skills. I am now paying for it healthwise..
  • Caitlinhappymeal
    Caitlinhappymeal Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm not quite sure why you can't have a patch and exercise? I am blonde!