6 Reasons It Is Impossible to Quit 'World of Warcraft'

Options

Replies

• Iam918
    Iam918 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I quit at the end of '08, haven't been back & am not going to go back. :glasses:
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I quit at the end of '08, haven't been back & am not going to go back. :glasses:

So you say...

:wink:
  • Turtlehurdle
    Options
    I quit for 8 months... been playing since '06 and I am back again!!!!

WoW is crack!

Crack is wack and so am I!
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I quit for 8 months... been playing since '06 and I am back again!!!!

WoW is crack!

Crack is wack and so am I!

Wiggity wack or just the regular type?
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I haven't gone back and refuse. Besides, I'm being ditracted by other worlds like Pandora and Arkham City. The Mushroom Kingdom will come in 1080p in November. I don't forsee me going back.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I played very briefly during the first expansion. Burning Crusade I think it was called. I enjoyed it for the few weeks I played with friends. Then life got in the way and my friends were not able to play as much. I got bored playing by myself so I lost interest and quit.
  • Erica_G2012
    Options
    I haven't played in over a year.... but I WoW'd it up for a long time....
  • Losingamy
    Losingamy Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I quit playing for about a year, but I started back about a month ago. I played a LOT during Burning Crusade. It's hard to stay away sometimes.
  • sweetsungirl
    Options
    This paragraph sums it up succinctly...
    Every time you start to settle into a boring routine, Blizzard adds something to reboner your game****. Gear, areas, dungeons, minigames, decorations, achievements, holiday events, player versus player (PvP) games, festivals, special storyline scenarios ... just a mother****ing massive amount of content, constantly rolling out to break up the monotony, including changing the way the game itself is played.

Hence, I am going on to my fourth year playing...oh and I heart Pandas!!!
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Totally right lol. I keep trying to "quit" but forget I have no reason.... It doesn't run my life. And it adds a nice touch of relaxation and fun memories. I still work, do school work, work out, eat right, and maintain a social life while playing the game. Plus it's just so much fun!!
  • TheDreadPirateRoberts
    Options
    Played it during Burning Crusade, but the monthly subscriptions put me off when there are free things out there. In my case I also had a lifetime subscription to LOTRO (still have) and I returned to that. Yet another grind was just not for me and the world was a bit too cartooney for me.

I've finally given LOTRO the boot after 5 years addiction due to Guild Wars 2 coming out which is my... new addiction. I really should sell my lifer subscription.
  • Ghkffb56
    Ghkffb56 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    LMAO! there will never be a game as good as WOW.. as long as blizz keeps making a xpac ppl willl play! if wow does die it will be the doing of blizz ^^... it is like crack tho >.> 6 years of pvping same **** different day/gear
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Going on 6 years here. I tried to give it up jsut after the first year because it had taken over my life...literally. But i was only gone a couple months and now, i control it, it doesnt control me.

I dont like watching tv or movies much, i read a lot but i like gaming. I feel like i can accomplish things there were my body often dictates the few things i can accomplish IRL. I keep it in check tho, often not signing in for days, or only long enough to check mail. but its always my go-to stress relief, always.

Ill be a wow fan until wow dies. I lOVE my wow-crack!
  • sweetsungirl
    Options
    Ill be a wow fan until wow dies. I lOVE my wow-crack!
    here here *raises Brewfest stein*
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Renewed today. Pet battles!
  • Exill
    Exill Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Now that GW2 is out, playing WoW is like refusing to accept a free dishwasher because you enjoy the work involved in washing dishes by hand.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Quit a year ago. Was downloading yesterday to play on somebodys account when I exited mid download. I can make decent amount of money playing it semi-professionally but it's not worth feeding my addiction and I am trying my hardest to not get back into WoW (along with smoking and eating unhealthy)
  • monkeefun
    monkeefun Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    This game is like crack to me. Not currently playing it, but I REALLY wanna get back into it - though I know if I do I won't have any sort of life anymore. I'll be a WoW Zombie again. Definitely not healthy!
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I've been WoW free for about 2 years now.

Since pandas were introduced, I have absolutely no want to go back.

I get enough Kung Fu Panda with my kids...
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I can't stay away.
    The longest I have stayed away is like 3 months.