Doing A and B same day

Options
Lozze
Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
I'm currently trying to figure out how I'm going to fit my workouts in each week. I've started training/playing my sport four times a week and trying to fit gym in around that is difficult.

I was planning on doing weights only once a week to maintain as much muscle as possible but can I do both workouts in a day? I know it's not the ideal but is only be weightlifting once a week.

Replies

• woodsygirl
    woodsygirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Well, I think some of the exercises work the same muscle group, so it would be pointless really. I would just do either one or the other and really do as heavy as possible to get those muscles working. I have been doing an extra set of back squats with the workout (now, this is my 2nd time I did it by the book the 1st time) and I can say that even just adding 1 extra thing is pretty taxing and the extra thing does suffer a bit (but I have a personal goal I am trying to break... )
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Yeah, no way on A&B same day. Everytime I get a wild hair and decide to do squats and deads on the same day I have a REALLY BAD TIME. lol. And I go crazy, usually, but they're just too big of compound movements to sit in the same day together. The second and third stages (and 4/5) also have a lot of lungey type motions that you wouldn't want to quadruple up on! :)

I'd just do your one workout a week, at least you'll maintain your strength even if you probably wont be gaining any new strength doing it like that! :)
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I agree that you shouldn't do A & B on the same day. But, I would consider doing a lifting workout and a sport workout on the same day if that works in your training schedule.

When I started, I was taking a weekly dance class on Wed. nights, so I'd lift in the morning, then my class @ night, and that worked out nicely for me.