Phase 1 almost over for some. How is everyone doing?

Options
Hi there girls,

So Monday will be the end of Phase 1 for those who all started pretty much the same week. Is anyone going to stay on Phase 1 or is everyone moving on to Phase 2? I think I am going to stay on P1 for another week, but I had two days where I went off plan. So clearly I am not ready to move on. Thursday was a planned cheat, but I cheated far beyond what I had planned. It continued on into today. So I will be 100% back on tomorrow and will stay on an extra week.

How is everyone else doing? Going as smoothly as you had hoped? Had any cravings and given in? Stayed totally on track?

Replies

• c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    im a late starter, so have another week to go.. Im a bit tired the last 2 days. I did a urinalysis and found my ketones were very high so figure im in the ketosis stage which means im burning fat, i hope. So only 1 more week then I'll definatly hit stage 2 i really miss fruit ! lol goodluck
  • mjj79
    mjj79 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I started out strong this week but the last 3 days I have made some poor food choices :( A bite here a bite there. Sooo, I kinda feel like I'm "starting over" today. I've done this with SBD in the past. I'll start out really good, and then cave and eat carbs or sugar. It's really hard to make my kids snacks/foods and not sample them :/ Need a kick in the pants!
  • ErnestinesMom
    Options
    Hey ladies...well, I am on day 14 today. So I will be starting P2 tomorrow. The only thing is I do not feel like I have lost much. :sad:

But the good thing is :drinker: I have zero cravings. So in that respect, P1 worked well for me. No cheats as far as eating foods to avoid with the exception of carrots. I had them in my soup. And, I do go over on servings on several things...like nuts, light mayo, and protein. That may be the answer as to why I did not lose much or any, actually. We'll see.

Now I am trying to decide whether to continue to log everything or just write what I am eatin in the note portion of the plan. The plan should work without "counting ccalories", although we all know calories do count.

Hmmmmmmmmmm, what to do. I kinda t hink I am now into the routine of logging what I eat and will feel like something is missing I don't...

So, I am pretty sure I will continue to log, but sometimes it is a bit tedious when you are putting together a recipe. I don't know...

Your thoughts on this might help me make up my already goofy mind.:embarassed:
  • determinedhealthy
    determinedhealthy Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I cheated last weekend and drank alcohol then got back on track. Today is day 14 for me!! I lost 5 pounds and 1 inch from my waist. I have plans to eat chicken wings today, I shouldn't but I am. I can't say I''m moving on to Phase 2 tomorrow since technically I didn't complete the full 2 weeks. I might do phase 1 again in November/December depending on where my weight is at that time.

I am lucky to not have kids with all the fruit and possible junk in the house, if that were the case I'm might have been a "bad girl".

I am so glad to see everyone still going strong. Please let's continue to support one another onto Phase 2, this is when I really need supprort, personally, because I over endulge in carbs and sugar just cause I know it's allowed now.

Stay on track and make it a great day!!!!
    Remember to drink WATER.
    -Jocelyn
  • margieyoumans
    margieyoumans Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I will be staying on P1 for another week or 2. I planned a surprise date for hubby and me last night. We went to the BEST stake house in town. I knew they had wonderful rolls and thought I could handle it but didn't do so great. I totally fell off...it was a whole grain roll but still carbs. I think the shrimp dippin sauce may have had carbs too, not sure. At any rate, I felt so miserable after we got home. I cann't even eat today, been sipping on water, I feel so bad.

On a good note, hubby and I were able to celebrate our 12 years last night. We couldn't go out on our anniver$ary weekend becau$e of ca$h. Last night, I surprised him with an hour at the Williamsburg Salt Spa (LOVED IT) and dinner at our favorite restaurant. It was a great night but I totally regret eating those carbs. UGH!!

I think it will do me good to stay on P1 for a bit.
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I agree, I had a REALLY high carb day and I think I will just stay an extra week. We also went out to eat and he order a huge ice cream covered brownie and handed me a spoon. Jeez!!:sad: Seems like as much as I have lost and as long as I have been trying to lose I could come up with the willpower to say no. I did but he is a food pusher...No, divorce is not the answer. After 38 years i need to keep him.:wink:
  • stayathomezookeepa
    Options
    I love the honesty in this group! I swear guys we have the best group here on mfp! To everyone who has cheated do not worry dust yourself off and start fresh with the next meal! Dont wait for the next day. Just accept your mistake and do well on the next meal :) I find that when i say oh i cheated I will just start fresh tomorrow I will eat even more horrible things because I figure I have already cheated so i will just eat what I want then start fresh. As for me I weigh in tomorrow. :)
  • chancegardner
    chancegardner Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I started late too so I'll be on phase 1 for at least another week
    We have been picking pears from the tree in our backyard
    If all goes well they'll be ripe just about when I can start eating them again:smile:
  • 4given4life
    4given4life Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I love the honesty in this group! I swear guys we have the best group here on mfp! To everyone who has cheated do not worry dust yourself off and start fresh with the next meal! Dont wait for the next day. Just accept your mistake and do well on the next meal :) I find that when i say oh i cheated I will just start fresh tomorrow I will eat even more horrible things because I figure I have already cheated so i will just eat what I want then start fresh. As for me I weigh in tomorrow. :)

This is SO me!! I feel bad if I fall off the wagon and instead of making better choices for the next meal, I just just say "what the heck" and eat bad the rest of the day. I need to get away from that mentality. My two days off plan turned into three. Jeez, this just proves to me that I can NOT handle carbs. They are a serious addiction to me. I caved last night and had McDonald's for dinner and was it worth it??? Heck no! The burger was dry, the fries tasted like grease and it was just not worth it. I could have had a nice piece of tilipia (which always tastes good to me) and some roasted veggies on the side and been much happier. When will I learn?? I'm off to a good start today, so I just need to carry it on.

Great job to those who did not waver and those who picked yourself up after once cheat. You're doing a great job and keep it up!
  • 4given4life
    4given4life Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies...well, I am on day 14 today. So I will be starting P2 tomorrow. The only thing is I do not feel like I have lost much. :sad:

But the good thing is :drinker: I have zero cravings. So in that respect, P1 worked well for me. No cheats as far as eating foods to avoid with the exception of carrots. I had them in my soup. And, I do go over on servings on several things...like nuts, light mayo, and protein. That may be the answer as to why I did not lose much or any, actually. We'll see.

Now I am trying to decide whether to continue to log everything or just write what I am eatin in the note portion of the plan. The plan should work without "counting ccalories", although we all know calories do count.

Hmmmmmmmmmm, what to do. I kinda t hink I am now into the routine of logging what I eat and will feel like something is missing I don't...

So, I am pretty sure I will continue to log, but sometimes it is a bit tedious when you are putting together a recipe. I don't know...

This is just my opinion but I think I would continue to log my food. That will keep you accountable and then you'll have a record of what you are eating if you start to stall. You can go back and look to see what you could tweak.
  • ErnestinesMom
    Options

This is just my opinion but I think I would continue to log my food. That will keep you accountable and then you'll have a record of what you are eating if you start to stall. You can go back and look to see what you could tweak.

I agree with you...and thanks for your opinion. Sometimes I will miss a tomato or such on my BLT ...or the lettuce...I mean come on...but I will also write out my menu in my notes...so I know for sure what I had. Thanks again!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Hi, gang !

Seems like we're all doing well here ........ whether we were absolutely perfect, or we fell off the beach & got a little wet ....... IT'S ALL GOOD !

If you are feeling badly about your food choices, stop kicking yourself ...... it only gives you a pain in the butt & doesn't accomplish anything ........ have a glass of water & make the healthiest possible choices at the very next meal or snack ....... (or not ...... it's your decision)

BTW, I like burgers, fries, pizza, candy, booze, etc as much as the next gal ...... just saying ......

Mary Ann :laugh:
  • ErnestinesMom
    Options
    Great advice Mary Ann...

Ok, so I did not weigh myself today...but I am on P2. I feel better...a lot better...and that is really important... less pain in my knees...so I am able to walk on the TM longer...which in turn will make all the difference.

I enjoyed my one slice of Ezekiel toast...had Turkey BLT...one half...and a cuppa cauliflower soup. I like that stuff cold, actually.

Now, I am having a celebratory little honey crisp apple...(the Cardinals won their Foodtball game...that's American Foodtball Claire. LOL...) I live in Arizona...moved here a year ago...(was in southern california before that and they have no team)...so this is kinda fun.

It kept me on the TM for 40 minutes...very exciting game in Overtime.

My philosophy about making smart choices is that I just feel better when I do...not speaking emotionally here....physically...and at 63, I kinda like to feel the best I can each and every day. I was not this smart when I was younger. DARN!

Ok gang...btw, I have a great chart for anyone that wants it for SBD...but I cannot post it...copyright...so if you are interested, you have to friend me and then send me your email addy. It's about what to eat...that kind of stuff...not so much foods to enjoy or avoid...but the program itself...anyway, it's yours for the asking.

G'day mates!
  • chancegardner
    chancegardner Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I bet that apple was goooood! A great reward for completing ph1
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Hi all, nice thread, its nice to see how everyone is going. Thanks for the footy update nanc lol and I would lurve the chart please xxx
    well heres my confession, i went swimming friday had a bottle of wine with friends, and then a 3 day hangover. I have really struggled since sat am, and today cracked and had a banana which now i wish had been an apple i didnt realise id picked a bad fruit eeekk! My problem has been headaches lack of energy and feeling a dizzy, so I think i might go part 2 almost im going to let my self have one apple a day with some cheese for morning tea apparently if u have your fruit with protein it behaves it self a bit better and doesnt give u a sugar spike and then the low etc well, nice to see were all trying thats the best part, i have a weigh in tomorrow and that bottle of sav blanc has ruined my chances ouch when will i learn lol ! nighty night x
  • mjj79
    Options
    Well, despite not being 100% on plan, I did manage to lose 2 lbs. I was really hoping to start phase 1 fresh today, but i
    ve been battling extreme dizziness AND back pain since saturday. My food today with have to be what i can eat quick and easy, while still trying to be healthy. Haven't been able to eercise since friday :(

I hope everyone elses week starts out better than mine! :flowerforyou:
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Hi, gang !

OK, I should be starting Phase 2 today, but changed my mind ...... I know me too well ....... haven't whipped those sugar cravings into shape yet ...... I know that because my boss mentioned picking up some Halloween candy to offer our clients and I STARTED DROOLING ...... last year it was Nerds & SweetTarts ....... sugar & more sugar ..... and the bowl is sitting two feet from my face ....... we're begging him to buy something yukky that we won't eat, except my coworkers & I can't agree on what that might be :laugh:

So, after two weeks of pretty much sticking to Phase 1, the good news is I'm down to 149.9# ..... yup, broke into the 140's !

Will stay on Phase 1 for another few days ...... never did get to the supermarket yesterday, because I was too pooped after the gym ...... but going today, working off the same list as last week ....... later tonight I go to the gym for cardio, weights & yoga.

Congrats to everyone for sticking here ..... and stay focused, my friends, no matter which Phase you are doing now :drinker:

Mary Ann
  • ErnestinesMom
    Options
    Quick note...for headaches and being dizzy...be sure to get your skim or 1% milk in you...an your bean serving a day...that may help.

And yes indeed...apple with cheese (protein) will keep the sugar spike at bay. And banana is pretty high on the glycemic index, so yes, Claire...you are right and your body alerted you to that. It's all about paying attention to our bodies and how we react.

That is one of the benefits of P1...you reset your "ZERO"...and add food back in gradually to see how they affect you.

So far my apple in the afternoon was a bit hit...but I just might add a light babybel as well (cheese and cheese is protein on SBD),

I never have spikes with Ezekiel bread products. Only reason I go over is cuz I love it so. But I am determined to play by the rules here in this SBD group. I love this place...I love the support...so thanks to everyone!
  • mjj79
    Options
    Hi, gang !

OK, I should be starting Phase 2 today, but changed my mind ...... I know me too well ....... haven't whipped those sugar cravings into shape yet ...... I know that because my boss mentioned picking up some Halloween candy to offer our clients and I STARTED DROOLING ...... last year it was Nerds & SweetTarts ....... sugar & more sugar ..... and the bowl is sitting two feet from my face ....... we're begging him to buy something yukky that we won't eat, except my coworkers & I can't agree on what that might be :laugh:

So, after two weeks of pretty much sticking to Phase 1, the good news is I'm down to 149.9# ..... yup, broke into the 140's !

Will stay on Phase 1 for another few days ...... never did get to the supermarket yesterday, because I was too pooped after the gym ...... but going today, working off the same list as last week ....... later tonight I go to the gym for cardio, weights & yoga.

Congrats to everyone for sticking here ..... and stay focused, my friends, no matter which Phase you are doing now :drinker:

Mary Ann

way to go!
  • ErnestinesMom
    Options
    Mary Ann...smarties...that is my halloweenie candy of choice...not to mention butterfingers, milk ways, reese pb cups...ummm what else...twix...lol...oh let's face it...I LOVE IT ALL!

Thanks God we are all getting rid of those nasty cravings NOW. Before the eating season gets in high gear! :bigsmile: